Chapter 42 - Out in the Woods

Start from the beginning

That was until Milena and Tonks thought they heard a scream come from the forest. The two immediately looked to each other with caution, wondering if this was someone who really needed help or a trap set up to minimize their numbers. Then, the scream happened again, this time louder and as if the person was in immense pain.

With their wands at the ready and a single nod to each other, they both left their positions and entered into the forest. Moody's voice was echoing in the back of Milena's head, repeating "constant vigilance!" over and over again as she kept her head on a swivel.

"Can you see anything?" Milena whispered as they crept further in.

"No, I- Wait! There!" Tonks pointed her wand just a bit further ahead and Milena could see what looked like the outline of a body in the fetal position, rocking back and forth.

Tonks ran ahead, straight for the person laying on the ground, but something about this felt off.

"Wait!"

BANG!

A burst of red light slammed into Tonks sending her flying one way and her wand the other. Without a second thought, Milena sprinted in the direction the spell had come from, ready to cast any spell.

BANG!

Another flash of red light shot off, this time slamming into Milena and sending her flying back, her wand in the opposite direction. She landed with a loud thud and let out a grunt as she collided with the cold forest floor. She tried to lift her head to see the person that had been laying on the ground, but they were gone and instead three Death Eaters were marching towards them. The one in front kicked Milena's head back down and leaned over her face.

"This the one you was talking about?" He grunted.

"Yeah, that's the one." The Death Eater on the left said in a thick Scottish accent. "The Dark Lord will love you..."

"What about that one?" The first Death Eater asked, pointing at Tonks.

Milena knew what would happen to her. Her family despised her and her parents. They were blood traitors as far they cared and Milena was a muggleborn, so the thought of what they wanted her for was terrifying, but there was no time to be terrified. She needed to act fast, but her wand felt like it was miles away. She had never been incredibly gifted at non-verbal spells, but if any time was the time for it to work, it was now.

While the Death Eaters moved to Tonks who was lying unconscious, Milena quietly raised her hand a little and with everything in her, attempted to summon her wand back to her. By whatever luck she suddenly had, she saw her wand rattle a little then shoot into her hand.

"STUPEFY!" Milena shouted, pointing her wand at the Death Eater closest to Tonks.

The man toppled over, smacking his hand into Tonks' face, startling her awake as Milena turned over and dived for Tonks' wand, tossing it back to her.

"EXPELLIARMUS!" Milena shouted, now aiming for the Death Eater who had turned on Tonks.

The last of the three, dived for cover and disappeared from Milena's view. Then, another flash of red light shot out from behind a tree, aimed at Tonks.

"Protego!" She exclaimed and the spell sent flying at her, bounced off and fizzled out.

He shot another spell at her again, this time an even brighter shade of red. Again, Tonks shielded herself, but before she could react again, one more spell shot at her and slammed into her chest, knocking her back again.

"STUPEFY!" Milena shouted again as the Death Eater dived out of the way, laughing at what he had done.

She knew she had only a few seconds to act. Either get her and Tonks out of there or go after the Death Eater. Quickly, she sprang out from her cover and broke into a sprint. Just as she dived down and grabbed Tonks' arm, another blast of red light flew just over her head. With a pull and a tight squeeze for a moment, she landed back in the centre of Hogsmeade with an unconscious Tonks next to her.

Friends Kiss Too | F. WeasleyOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara