CHAPTER THIRTY SIX : New Nomu

Start from the beginning

Astra thought about it for a minute," So what's in it for me?" She didn't need protection.

" All your charges will be dropped."

Did that mean she'd no longer be on the run? It seemed too good to be true. But Astra was never the kind of person to think much so she nodded," Sounds good to me."

She signed away her life in the middle of a park, the ship behind her crumbled at one side.

◆◆◆

The amount of time Astra spent fluffing about in order to prepare for her escape was embarrassing. But the teachers and staff all seemed quite keen on keeping a very close eye on her. Not that she could blame them. Astra had every intention of bringing that building and its inhabitants to the ground. Something she wasn't able to do. It still irked Astra that though the man was dead his home remained intact.

She'd rectify that soon enough.

For now however, her Crow had told her the location of the first attack. Hawks was currently taking a nice stroll through town, Endeavor to his right looking none to pleased with the situation.

Astra slinked further into the shadows, the last thing she needed right now was that bird brained parrot to find her here.

Though she didn't think all Pro Heroes had been informed of her crimes and contract to waive them, that didn't mean she wanted to be seen by them either.

Hawks moved his feathers around town like serpents; lithe and slithering around people, going unnoticed and for all the world like they didn't exist.

She made sure to keep to the shadows and hide her presence. The familiar wash of magic hiding her made Astra's lips curl into a grin.

It was only when they walked into a building that she lost track of them. Unfurling her wings she flew up the building until her eyes landed on the pair again. They were seated at a table near a window and drinking coffee.

Astra flew closer and stood on the ledge just to the left of the window. Holding herself very still she waited for her assailants to continue talking.

" You're the number one hero now Endeavour. You gotta show these people what that means!"

What?

Had she heard that right?

When did Endeavour become number one? Hadn't that been All Might's position? Or did he have to step down because of his crippled appearance. Astra felt a fake tear slide down her cheek and swiped it away. Forced to step down because of an injury. How humiliating. She'd rather just die.

" You gonna eat the rest of that?"

" You glutton-"

" I'll just take the whole plate." Astra watched as Hawks took Endeavours plate of food. The look of utter annoyance on Endeavours face had Astra pursing her lips to keep a laugh from escaping.

" What do you want?"

" There have been accounts of Nomu's across the county."

The table went very quiet and Astra was tempted to look, but something told her to keep her ear pressed to the wall instead," And I suppose you have proof of this?"

There was a laugh and then the scraping of a chair on two legs as Hawks undoubtedly leaned backwards," Not a chance."

There was another scraping of a chair on wood, abrupt. Endeavour sounded annoyed when he spoke again," Waiter! Check-"

" Sit down."

This bird brain had a habit of cutting people off it would seem. There was a stiff silence before she assumed Endeavour sat back down," I did some investigating myself. All around the country sightings of Nomu keep popping up."