Chinoike Clan Killer: Chapter 7.

Sakura had gone on many missions.

Recently, Hiruzen Sarutobi, the Hokage, had assigned the Uchihas to go on a mission to help the Land of Lightning banish the Chinoike clan from the Land of Lightning.

That meant that the Uchiha fought the Chinoike clan all the way from the Land of Lightning into another country, until they finally exiled and escaped into Yugakure. The Uchiha were already extremely wounded and came home to Konoha, saying that the mission was done but that they were not entirely killed off. Sarutobi was satisfied with the job well done, and didn't assign any follow-ups.

However, Danzo saw a chance with this.

Danzo patted Sakura's shoulder. "Hey, Sakura, you will go with a ROOT squad of 50 to Yugakure to kill all the Chinoike clan members that are currently living in Yugakure. I also received information from my ROOT spies from Konoha's intelligence division that there's a Jashinist cult in Yugakure too. I don't know what Jashinists do, but intel says that they're powerful civilians learning the Shinobi arts, and that's bad news for us too. The Jashinists are weaker than the Chinoikes. Kill the Chinoikes, and then kill all the Jashinists. Or kill whoever comes first; but hunt the Chinoikes down first, they're the greater threat. Show no mercy. This will be your first mission outside of the village, so make me proud. And just in case, I am assigning Shisui Uchiha to supervise you."

"I'll make you proud," Sakura said.

Danzo turned to Shisui. "Shisui, your clan FAILED to wipe out the Chinoikes, thereby putting Konoha in grave danger. It is your job to finish the job that they failed, clean up after your clansmen's mistakes. Shisui, you will be ANBU Captain for this mission and lead 50 ANBU to kill them all."

"Yes, Danzo-sama." Shisui nodded. "I won't fail you."

Danzo assigned the 50 ROOT Shinobi to ROOT Captain Shisui. "Now go."

(Itachi was not on the mission since he's still an academy student.)

Many hours later:

Sakura killed at least 20 Chinoikes. She had her first kill there, but she didn't have time to mull or gloom over it because behind her another Chinoike attacked her, and she had to kill that one too. She kept getting jumped by Chinoike shinobi trying to kill her, but she managed to take down many of them by stabbing them in vital parts.

The other ROOT shinobi were doing a great job, and finally killed most of the Chinoikes.

The Chinoike clan specialized primarily in Genjutsu, and Sakura somehow was immune to Genjutsu (due to her Rinnegan,) so she was able to kill most of them, easier than most ROOT shinobi could manage.

Once Sakura got her kill count up to 120, she turned to see Shisui had wiped out 300 more than her. Oh right, Shisui was also immune to Genjutsu; after all, he was an Uchiha. He easily saw through Genjutsu as easily as Sakura could.

Prior to the mission, Shisui had taught Sakura how to use her Rinnegan to break genjutsu. Initially, Shisui acted intimidated, not knowing how the Rinnegan worked, but then he realized that he could teach Sakura the same way he would usually train someone how to use the Sharingan. For some reason, the Rinnegan probably seemingly had all of the Sharingan's powers, so it was easy to teach Sakura how to break, or even cast genjutsu, using her eyes rather than just using her hand signs. The Rinnegan probably had more powers besides Sharingan powers, but neither Shisui nor Sakura knew anything about that; they didn't know how to unlock non-Sharingan powers within the Rinnegan. They only knew how to help Sakura use Sharingan powers that happened to come with the Rinnegan.

Of course the Rinnegan didn't have ALL of the Sharingan's powers, but it had MOST of them, so it made Shisui suspect that Sakura's Rinnegan eyes might be a mutation of the Sharingan, due to how closely the red and purple eyes seemed to be related, ability -wise; particularly their abilities to break genjutsus.