𝐦𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐨𝐧, 𝟐𝟖

Start from the beginning

you raised a brow, frown still very much evident, "what, being a detective is considered a low class job in your eyes?" you mockingly quipped, jabbing a topic she knew you loved to poke just to anger her, "just because it doesn't make as much money as investing, doesn't mean it's useless. it at least helps society other than you selling a bunch of animal skinned bags while destroying mother nature." you scoffed, shaking your head at your own statement.

"dear, that's no way to talk to your mother." the man frowned, not one filled with sadness but rather dissatisfaction. you clicked your tongue, turning away to make it seem like your eyes caught on something interesting but really you were rolling them.

"she is not my mother, you are not my father either." a part of you wondered how these people could have the mindset that they currently have, are there really just crude people in this world? it's honestly something hard to believe but reality can vouch otherwise, "owen," you dragged the man's name, eyes trailing to the other woman, "charlotte, if you two would cooperate and calmly leave this place, that would be much appreciated."

the woman known as charlotte gasped in disbelief, placing a hand on her chest to show add more drama, as for owen, he only scowled, a look of displeasure expressed on his face.

"do not talk to your parents like that young lady." he scolded, "you should be grateful that we at least came to visit." crossing his arms, his eyebrow raised, anticipating you to immediately respond.

"you only visited to ask for money," you huffed an annoyed sigh, sliding your finger on the table surface, "don't take me as a fool, i am of legal age and i don't need to be treated like a child any further."

"ugh owen, with all the fame and power she has, she's become more arrogant and rude." charlotte turned to her husband, her heels tapping on the ground, impatiently waiting for the man to do something about the current situation.

said man only nodded, "you should really look back to when we made this whole opportunity for you to grab," guilt tripping you? really? could he have done anything else better other than make you guilty, "this whole company came from your parents, without us you wouldn't have a single penny to your name."

"much like how you two don't have an ounce of dignity to your name." you rolled your eyes, staring into the eyes of owen, seeing as he slightly faltered to keep eye contact by blinking away, "goodness, your ego is even bigger than mine! and that's saying something."

the ravenette let out a defeated sigh, "listen y/n, we just came back to make up for lost time and restart." he confessed with a tired expression, you briefly glanced at charlotte who looked annoyed but played the part of being sympathetic very well, perks of being an actress, "will you forgive us?"

you gazed with void less eyes, looking at owen then at charlotte to see if they weren't serving false hope, with one quick motion, you mumbled incoherent words, pointing at your fingers like you were counting, "let's see the amount of times you said the same thing... one, two, three—oh! i seemed to have lost count, AL could you remind me again?"

'approximately 48 times throughout this year, ma'am.'

the AI blared through the built in speakers, "48 times!" you expressed a shocked look, "that's only this year and it's not even close till new years, i wonder how many times you've begged for forgiveness in five year—"

"ok ok, we get it!" charlotte cut you off, squealing like a kid who lost a fight over candy, "you insignificant brat!" she gritted her teeth, furrowing her eyebrows as wrinkles formed on her forehead.