𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐤 𝐜𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐬, 𝟐𝟕

Start from the beginning

"you better explain yourself right now." you slammed a fist on the table, an irritated smile spreading on your lips.

there was shuffling on the other line before someone had cleared their throat, 'miss l/n, it was only rational for me to put your parents in charge since you are away, i do not see the reason you should fuss over this.'

"i put my blood and sweat into this industry and you let my parents take over!?" you yelled, "there is a reason why i changed my last name, i specifically said to you to never involve them did i not?!"

'yes but the company will be in good hands, you're father—'

"DO NOT..." you inhaled then exhaled shakily, hands shaking from the rage bubbling within, "do not call him that, he biologically is not..." you said through gritted teeth, feeling the eyes of the pastas land on you, only overwhelming you further.

'mr. owen has almost the same intelligence as you, i saw what was fit and acted upon it.' lin defended, although you couldn't see her face, you knew she held that same stone cold expression.

"the only thing your going to act upon is being fired." you shut down the call, mind blaring with rage and anger, you didn't think, sweeping the table with one swift movement as the sound of metal hitting the floor rang throughout the house, "fuck!" you yelled, about to shatter the test tubes when a hand held you in place, making you abruptly stop.

your chest heaved, your glossy eyes that held rage trailed to the person who had stopped you, "ease your mind." kate had stated with a stern face, your eyes soon then scanned the people in the room, you were relieved to find that the children weren't here.

with a heavy sigh, your shoulders slouched and your legs gave in, making you fall to your knees with a light thud, kate letting go of your wrist in the process. "think, think, think..." you mumbled to yourself, tapping your forehead with your knuckles to rack some ideas, "i need to go back..."

"to NYC?? are you serious right now?" ben quipped, looking at the others to try and get them to back him up.

"d-don't go y/n." toby frowned, attempting to make you stay with little to no effort. he knew once your mind was set on something, there was no changing it.

"it won't be long, i just need to have a talk with them." you huffed with a determined look, standing up on your two feet as you started going around the house, packing a fee things that deemed necessary to you, "i'll be back, i promise."

jack scoffed, "you're seriously going?" he scrunched his eyebrows, watching your frame move here and there. a few footsteps came down the stairs, sally and lazari halted just right on the foot of it, both wearing a confused expression as to why the place is trashed and why you were packing.

"y/n where are you going?" lazari called out and you halted in your tracks, sighing as you made your way to the two girls.

"i just need to be away for a few days ok?" you informed with a sad smile, "i have some business at my home and it needs to be sorted out." you tucked a strand of lazari's hair behind her ear, patting sally's brown locks in the process.

"but isn't this your home..?" sally frowned with glossy eyes, "with us?" she held onto her teddy bear a little tighter, bringing it up to her chest.

you stared at her solemnly before giving her a bittersweet smile, "it is, of course it is." you nodded, "i won't be gone for long, AL will take care of you, ok?" before you could stand, the two girls lunched at you, encasing you with a tight hug to which you returned.

"please come back in good health y/n." lazzie whispered as sally nodded, agreeing with her statement as they parted. you leaned and kissed their foreheads, saying one soft goodbye to them before standing.

"AL, you know jack's face with or without the mask, take orders from him." you announced, grabbing a backpack since you assumed it wasn't going to take long.

'yes ma'am.'

"you're in charge sweatpea," you threw him the keys to the house and gates as he caught it without breaking a sweat, "don't want to come back and see this place in ruins alright?" jack nodded almost immediately, you chuckled at his obedience but gave no mind, "ground rules, no fighting, in this house your all equals." you ordered, staring at stripes who hid in the corners, further away from everyone.

making your way to the front door, you sighed heavily. it wasn't going to be long, at least you hoped it wouldn't but a feeling of dread still was present, like something bad would happen any moment.

"i'll be back in three days at the most."

。・゚𓂅ꗃ𓂅ꗃ𓂅ꗃ ゚・。

"why the fuck do i have to take part??" jeff groaned, feeling uncomfortable being in lulu and nina's bedroom.

"you were the only one available out there, plus this spell needs five people to work." jane shot back, flipping the pages in the book to find the accurate spell. jeff stayed silent, glaring at the rest with hate, "we've done spells before so hopefully this will work out."

"it fucking better." the ravenette scoffed, watching as lulu light up the candles around the pentagram, "where the fuck are we going anyway?"

jane glared, "to y/n." she then returned back to working on the spell, ignoring the shocked reaction that jeff had given, "she's caused enough trouble and i'm going to end it by ending her." she spoke so sternly, squinting her voided eyes at the book.

"why so shocked jeff, catch feelings for a human?" clocky teased with a shit eating grin, barely dodging the knife that jeff had aimed at her, "talk about anger issues..." she muttered.

"why are you on this lulu??" jeff whipped his head to the said girl, lulu tensed under his gaze, stuttering slightly as she fiddled with the lighter in her hands.

"well.. i wanted to ask the proxies for help..." she meekly mumbled, averting her eyes anywhere than the burning sensation of jeff's. the male sighed, he couldn't bring himself to get mad at lulu so he just tucked his hands in his pockets, waiting for the chaos to get to him.

jane clicked her tongue in annoyance, "damn it... this spell takes longer than expected." she huffed, sitting down on the ground with her legs crossed, "hand me the picture of her, nina." nina did as she was told, handing jane a polaroid picture of you with one of your signature grins.

jane stared at it with hate, you were so cocky and snobby, she wanted to just strangle you then and there. the whole family was tearing apart because of you, you were the cause of the destruction. jane wasn't going to let you tear it, a legacy made by slenderman, a family made by him, she wasn't going to disappoint slenderman.

"i'll kill you, y/n."

——————————

SORRY FOR THE SHORT CHAPTER! i'll make it up in the future :)

i'll be editing the intel chapter and the description of this book, i hope it'll look way better so expect a few changes here and there though i reassure you all that the title will not change!