Meeting you

You had heard that the queen was in your village to get out of the wretched castle she lived in. You, unlike everyone else in your small village, decided you wouldn't cower behind four walls and went to the fruit market. You walked around for hours looking at the fruit and by the time you were done shopping your basket was heavy.

"Here you go!" The seller said as he handed you your basket of fruit.

"Thank you!" You said while giving him a soft smile and grabbing the basket carefully.

   Once you grabbed the basket you went on your way. Your feet began to ache as you walked along the rocky and mud caked path that led to your house so you decided to take a brake. You found a log and sat down and enjoyed the scenery.

   As you watched the birds, and felt the wind brush against your face you closed your eyes as you felt peaceful, that was until you sensed a presence beside you and opened your eyes.

   As you looked you saw a woman. She had raven black hair that fell around her shoulders. Her features were breathtaking, she had brown eyes, rosy cheeks, and had the most beautiful dress you had ever seen. As you studied her you realized who you were looking at, Regina Mills. You quickly broke out of your trance and bowed your head before looking up at her.

"Your going to get mud on your dress your majesty." You said with a shaky voice.

  Regina smiled softly and looked down at the ends of your dress, "I could say the same for you. What on earth is a pretty thing like you doing walking in the woods alone?" She asked intently.

  Her words made you blush, "oh, I live just over the ridge, I'm just walking home." You said with a shrug.

   Regina tilted her head and felt an emotion she hadn't felt in a long time. She hadn't realized how beautiful your e/c eyes were, how your h/c hair was in a loose braid, and how the slight bit of makeup you had on made you look outrageously beautiful until now.

"This might sound last minute, but would you care if I walked with you? I have nothing else to do and you seem like you could use the company, at least I need it." Regina said with a nervous chuckle at the end.

  You smiled and held out your hand waiting for Regina to take it. She did of course and you looped your arm in hers and walked to your home.

  The walk was surprisingly peaceful and though you wouldn't tell her, you felt Regina's eyes on you the entire time. You both talked about your lives, Regina had told you about her husbands "heartbreaking" passing, and you told her about your love for flowers. To you it seemed as if your flower talk was boring but to Regina it was the most refreshing talk she had had in a long time.

   As you made your way to your house Regina couldn't help but marvel at it. It was a quiet but large cottage and of course there were flowers everywhere. You quickly invited her in and once she came inside you shut the door and placed the fruit in a bowl to wash them off.

"You have a lovely home." Regina said with a smile.

"Thank you, I know it probably doesn't seem like much to you but I love it."

"Well I would pick your cottage over my castle anytime!" Regina added.

    You nodded and thanked her for the kind remark, but she was being completely serious. You both talked for hours until Regina's carriage arrived.

"Would you like to come visit me in my castle one day?" Regina asked as she turned to you. You could see in her eyes that she desperately wanted you to say yes, and you knew you couldn't deny her or the fact that you already missed her company.