House shopping

Ever since you and Regina have been married you have been dying to go house shopping with her. This is because you both are moving into a smaller home. Since Henry has made a family of his own the house is just to big. You both decided to go today since the air was cool and it looked really pretty out.

"So, what do you want, house wise?" Regina asked as she ate her breakfast. You looked at her and put a lot of thought into your answer.

"I want a open house. One that has space but not as big as this one." You said. Regina grinned.

"Why do you want the house to be spacious?" She asked. You looked at her and blushed.

"I don't know I just do".

"You are a horrible liar" she said laughing. You looked at Regina and smiled. It was a fake smile. You  have wanted to be a mother ever since you could remember. Your passion was to adopt and you had been hinting at it for some time now. You thought that since she had already raised Henry she was done and didn't want to do it again. So when she would ask you why you wanted an extra room you would always push the thought aside and say "for storage". Before Regina was able to attempt to tear apart your layers and get to the truth you shot up and said it was time to go. You both got into the car and went to the first house Snow had talked about.

    It was nice, it was white on the outside much like the one you lived in now. The inside had wood floors and looked like it was well kept by the last owners. The only problem was that it was much bigger than what you both wanted so you turned it down.

   2 hours later you both had looked at 3 other houses and knew which one you liked the most.

"The last one" you both said at the same time to each other in the car. You both laughed and started the process to purchase the home. 2 weeks later the purchase was finalized and Snow was throwing a house warming party. Her party(as always) was lovely. People brought gifts and told you both about their stories, except for your mother. On some accounts when it came to raising you she was the same as Regina's mother and that made it difficult for Regina to like her. Your mother kept telling everyone stories about other people you had dated and how she saw your future(which in her mind wasn't supposed to include the "evil queen"). This made your blood boil.

"Mom, nobody calls Regina that anymore and we'd like you to stop" you said as you interrupted her conversation. Everyone including Regina froze and your mother looked at you shocked.

"Excuse me?" Your mother said.

"Stop calling my wife the "evil queen" or I am going to have to ask you to leave." You said trying to stay calm. Your mother looked at you then stood up and walked to the door.

"Before I go, I just want to make sure that Regina knows that you complained to me because she doesn't want children and you do!" Your mother said harshly. After that comment Snow ushered everyone out of the house and silence filled the room. Your mother had lied. You knew the only reason she had said what she did was because she didn't like who you were married to. You had no idea what to say to the brunette who hadn't moved from her spot on the couch since the party had started. You turned to her in hopes of being able to explain yourself. Regina waved her arms.

"I'm going to do the dishes" she said as she got up and walked past you.

"Do you want any help?" You asked. You didn't bother turning around. You felt Regina's eyes staring holes through you. After waiting for a reply she walked up to you.

"Do you really complain about me or is your mother insane?" Regina said harshly.

"I would never complain about you, especially about something we haven't even talked through" you said. Regina knew you were being honest and asked about your mother.

"Why did she say that, why does she call me that, why does she treat you poorly?" Regina kept going. You placed your hand on her knee.

"Regina, my mother is a very crooked person and she doesn't like that I am happy and she wasn't. But we have a home now, we have a life, and we need to talk". Regina nodded in agreement and said the first thing that came to mind.

"So when do you want to talk to an adoption agency?" You looked at her in shock.

"Wha- I mean- I thoug-" Regina cut you off.

"Y/n I want kids, I miss doing the little stuff I did with Henry". You smiled

"Your positive?" Regina looked at you. You waited for an answer but was met with a kiss instead. Regina placed her forehead against yours,

"I'm positive" she said with a smile.

I know this is all over the place but I thought it was cute! I hope you like it!