Chapter eight, sick

Start from the beginning

"I'll take you to him," She says, "Are you family or friend?"

"Friend," I reply "His parents and family are dead..."

She nods again, and leads me to a room.

When we come in, Sky is stirring quietly, and I run over to him.

"How are you, buddy?" I ask.

"Want an honest answer or something to make you feel better." He answers with a small chuckle.

I'm happy that he is able to laugh, but I see the circles under his eyes and I know that I have to talk to him fast, and then let him sleep.

"Honest answers please" I say

"I feel okay, but I want to go home."

His voice is groggy, and I see his eyelids slowly dropping.

I also think he lied. He doesn't feel okay.

"Sky! No! You will stay here in the hospital."

His eyes fly open and I'm shocked to know that he is able to stare back with a lot of insistency.

"I. Want. To. Go. Home." He says, taking a pause after each word.

I sigh, because heck! Sky is the most stubborn person I know, and I know a lot of people. I also know, that if I don't do as he wishes, he will refuse to sleep, and that's the last thing I want.

"Fine," I murmur and turn to the doctor again.

She nods the third time, and helps me take Sky to my car. He can barely stand, so all his weight falls on me and the doctor.

——————
Time Skip
——————

"I am absolutely f*cked." I whisper to myself, as I watch Sky sleeping on his bed.

I think about all the homework I have to complete, and Payu, that's waiting for me, and then about my sick friend.

The homework is due tomorrow, it's already late, and I have to pick it up from college.

"What do I do?"

I take Sky's phone, thinking.

Who can I call?

Sig doesn't know how to care for someone, and besides, he lives too far away and is busy tonight.

Ple is another option, but P'Som won't allow her to go out at this hour, and especially to meet a boy. (Ple was Rains previous crush, but now they are just friends. P'Som is Ple's overprotective older brother.)

I open Sky's phone (Sky told Rain his password earlier) and looks through his contacts.

That's when I see the number called "Annoying brat" and click on it out of interest. (Prapai had managed to get Sky's number after a few days, because he swore to annoy Sky forever if he didn't get it)

I look at Sky's texts and realize that the "annoying brat" was Prapai.

I chuckle despite everything.

I look further, even though I know that looking though other people personal information is bad no matter if that person if your best friend.

I scold myself, but can't help it. I scroll through the texts and see that Prapai had been very kind to Sky on many occasions, asking if the other had eaten, and slept, and saying that if he hadn't he could offer to buy Sky take-out food. I also know Prapai is a good person because he is my boyfriends best friend, and I trust Payu.

Something clicks in my mind.

The perfect person!

I know Sky would hate me if he knew I called Prapai, because I saw how Sky had answered his texts, but still. I have to get my homework done badly, so I hope Sky won't hate me too much.

I click on the call button.

The line beeps one time before Prapai picks up.

"Missed me, babe?" He says

"Prapai!" Rain says hurriedly

It takes a second for Prapai to realize that it's Sky's best friends voice he is hearing.

"Rain?" The other asks, unsure.

"Pai, Sky passed out and-"

Rain didn't even have time to finish his sentence before P'Pai interrupted and said.

"On my way, where is he?"

"Sky's dorm, and I'm assuming you have the address already."

"Yes," P'Pai said, and the call ended.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hello,

I just want to say that I will probably do a small pause on this story, because I want to write a small fortpeat for Peats birthday.

(Update: I finished the FortPeat! If anyone is interested, go check it out! Next chapter soon.)

Word count: 1246