Chapter 9

Kakashi and Iruka were watching Naruto who was already eating the second bowl of his ramen. They looked at each other and smiled. Kakashi noticed that Iruka's cheeks turned light pink. He could watch him the whole day and would never get enough.

"Hope you don't have any troubles with your team, Kakashi," Iruka spoke softly in the latter's direction.

Kakashi sighed. "You already know everything, Iruka..."

The brown-haired younger sensei nodded slightly. "Yes, you're right. The problem is Naruto, right?" Both men tried to keep their voices low. "Everyone hates him..."

Kakashi noticed the sad face of the younger man. He didn't want to see him like that. He suddenly put his hand on the latter's shoulder gently, making him look into his eye. "Don't worry about it, Iruka. I'll take care of Naruto. I won't let anyone hurt him, I promise."

Iruka's eyes widened a bit, after that he nodded slightly. "T-Thank you, Kakashi..."

None of them noticed that the blonde-haired boy was watching them secretly. Naruto was smiling. He wanted them to be happy. He also wanted to get them together but didn't know how to do so. They were made for each other.

After that, Naruto decided to go home. he ignored all the people around him and just kept walking home. He was used to it, after all. Even though sometimes it was tiring to hear the people talking behind his back and pointing at him.

"Naruto!"

The boy stopped for a moment, only to look at the person who was running towards him. A huge smile appeared on his face. "Sasuke!"

"Are you going home, Naruto? May I join you?"

The young Uzumaki boy nodded happily.

None of them noticed a pink-haired girl who was watching them secretly. She was smiling a bit. Seeing Naruto's happy face was everything that she wanted now. She regretted everything that she had done. She hated herself for being mean to him. She jumped a little once someone touched her shoulder.

She took a deep breath and turned to the person who was right behind her.

A platinum blonde-haired girl gave her a little smile. "Sorry, Sakura-Chan, I didn't want to scare you, but as a ninja, you should have known about me."

Sakura smiled. "Yeah... You're right. Ino. I should have known about you, I was just... thinking about something."

Ino chuckled. "No, Sakura. You had been thinking about those two lovebirds, hadn't you?"

Sakura bowed her head. "Y-Yeah..."

"So, you're really over Sasuke, right?"

"I think so, Naruto deserves someone who would take care of him and loved him."

"No one deserves to be alone, Sakura-Chan!" Ino chuckled. 

Sakura nodded and smiled a bit nervously. "I-I'm glad we're friends again, Ino," she spoke softly.

"Of course." Ino came closer and pulled Sakura into a tight hug.