Chapter 6

Sasuke gave the latter a concerned look. "You're loved by someone already," the Uchiha boy said softly.

Naruto smiled a bit. "I know..." his voice trailed off. He felt suddenly too tired to speak.

"Naruto... You need to rest. You wasted too much chakra!" Sasuke spoke with a serious expression. Suddenly the boy noticed someone running towards them. It was Shikamaru. Sasuke stood up. "Shikamaru? What are you doing here?"

"I was told I'll find you here," he answered and looked at the blonde sitting on the grass. Then looked at the trees. "Ah... I see. Don't tell me Naruto wasted too much chakra..."

Sasuke smiled bitterly. "Yeah..."

Shikamaru sighed. "What a drag..." he said. "Okay, help me to carry him to his house, Sasuke."

The Uchiha boy nodded. Both grabbed Naruto by his arms and got him on his feet.

After a few minutes, Sasuke broke the silence. "Naruto is lighter than I thought."

Shikamaru looked at the blonde and then looked at the raven. "It's because he doesn't eat properly," he replied.

It surprised Sasuke a little. "Really?"

"Mhm."

"I see."

They were too focused on carrying Naruto that they didn't notice a person that watched them the whole time.

Sasuke suddenly stopped, making stop even Shikamaru, who was taken aback by the latter's sudden stop. "What's the matter, Sasuke?"

"I think someone's following us. Take Naruto for a moment. I'm going to look around."

The Nara boy nodded and took Naruto from the latter. "What a drag," he muttered, but still gave the blonde a little smile.

Meanwhile, Sasuke was looking around. "Where are you?" he muttered to himself. Then carefully took out one of his shurikens and throw it at the place where he noticed a silhouette. Suddenly a girl screamed. When he came closer a slight frown appeared on his face.

Shikamaru as well heard the scream. He smirked because he knew to whom the voice belonged.

"Sakura?" Sasuke uttered bitterly. "What are you doing here?" He crossed his arms on his chest and the cherry-blossom girl came out from her hiding place.

A bigger smirk appeared on the Nara boy. "I knew it," he said to himself.

"I'm waiting, Sakura?"

She got nervous way more. "I-I'm sorry, Sasuke-Kun," she stuttered. "I didn't want to follow you."

"No? What a surprise. So why were you hiding then?"

"I-" Her voice trailed off. She took a breath. "I-I just wanted to know what is between you and Naruto, that's all!"

Shikamaru lifted his brow. It was quite fun watching this scene. Yeah, the girl was annoying like their Ino. They seriously were the same.

"It's none of your business, Sakura," he said with a stern look.

"But!"

Sasuke sighed and returned to Naruto and Shikamaru. "Let's go, Shikamaru. Naruto needs rest."

Sakura stayed there all alone watching their backs. "Sasuke-Kun..."

***

"We're here finally," the Nara boy spoke and opened the door. Sasuke and Shikamaru put Naruto carefully on the bed and Sasuke covered him with a blanket. After that, they went to the living room.

"Did you talk with each other yesterday?" Shikamaru asked.

Sasuke nodded. "He said he loves me."

"And you?"

It made Sasuke blush a bit. "Me too."

Shikamaru smiled. "Glad to hear that. Finally, you two said it out loud."

"What about you? Is there someone you like?"

Shikamaru shook his head, smiling. "The only one I've ever cared about is Naruto. He's been my best friend since childhood. That's why I've always wanted only the best for him. I wanted him to be happy finally. He went through hell and he still is going..."

"People calling him a monster..." Sasuke muttered.

Shikamaru nodded. "Exactly."