Chapter 4

You're annoying. Sakura, lost in her thoughts, headed to her house by herself. 

"Hey, Where are you going, Sakura?"

She stopped and looked around. "I-Ino?" Sakura looked a bit surprised because she didn't expect this platinum blonde-haired girl here. "I'm heading home," she said calmly.

"I see," Ino spoke with a slight frown. "Has something happened?"

"N-No."

Ino looked around and suddenly noticed Sasuke, Naruto, and Shikamaru going somewhere together and laughing. "Tell me, Sakura... Is that about Sasuke?"

Sakura abruptly lifted her head up. The blonde-haired girl smirked. "So it is..." then she sighed. "Hey, Sakura... Remember how we argued with each other about Sasuke all the time back then?"

The pink-haired girl nodded a little.

"It's hard to say, but... could we get over it? Could we start over?" she said softly.

Sakura's eyes widened in shock. "Did you-"

"Mhm," Ino smiled. "I want to be friends with you, Sakura-Chan."

"S-Sure!" Sakura's smile widened a bit more. What she didn't expect at all was that Ino came closer to her and gave her a hug.

Meanwhile, somewhere else at the same time.

Naruto kept smiling from ear to ear. Sasuke had to admit that he did enjoy the rest of the day. He kept wondering what Shikamaru told him before. No matter how much he tried to come up with something nothing was good enough to convince him. He sighed.

Shikamaru noticed the black-haired boy's frustrated face. And I thought he was the smartest one... The brown-haired boy thought to himself and looked back at the blonde. I hope you'll see it someday, Sasuke...

Naruto stopped and turned to them. "D'you want something?" he spoke happily.

Shikamaru smiled and slightly shook his head. "No, I'm good."

"I'm fine too," Sasuke replied and put his hands in his pockets.

"I know it's late, but... Would you mind going with me to my house? We could buy ramen and eat it together."

Sasuke looked shocked the first time because he didn't expect that, after all. He shrugged. "Sure..."

"I'm sorry, Naruto, but I promised my father that I'll help him with something," Shikamaru said with his hands in his pockets.

Naruto nodded his head. "It's okay, Shikamaru. Just go," he replied, smiling. "So... Do you still wanna go with me, Sasuke?"

Sasuke gave the smaller boy a sincere smile. "Of course, I want."

***

Naruto felt a bit nervous being with Sasuke all alone in his own house. He suddenly didn't know what to do.

"Hey, Naruto."

The latter's voice has returned Naruto from his thoughts to the real world. He turned to him, making a nervous smile. "Haha, I'm sorry, Sasuke. Did you say something?"

Sasuke frowned a bit. "Is something wrong?" he asked. His curiosity got much bigger. He wanted to know the truth about his strange behavior.

Naruto gulped. "I-I think it was a bad idea..."

"What are you talking about, Naruto?"

Naruto's face darkened a bit. "I cannot stand this anymore!" he shouted suddenly full of desperation. He could no longer just watch and do nothing. "I-" his voice trailed off. Suddenly his body started shaking under the tears that were floating down his cheeks violently.

"Naruto?" the raven asked worriedly.

"I-I love you, S-Sasuke..." the blonde said softly with a shaky voice.

Sasuke was taken aback by the words that the blonde said. He didn't know Naruto loved him. Then he suddenly recalled the conversation between Shikamaru and him. He sighed. Oh no... How could I be so stupid and not see this from the beginning...?

Sasuke came closer to the latter. "Naruto?" he spoke softly. "I-I'm so sorry, for not seeing this before. I should have known that earlier..."

Naruto wiped the tears with his sleeve. "I-I don't blame you. Y-You couldn't know about it, Sasuke..." he stuttered. "You should rather hate me for what I said before, not apologize to me..."

Sasuke shook his head. "No, Naruto... I- There's something I have to tell you... Wish I would tell much earlier..."

Naruto glanced up at the black-haired boy confused.

The Uchiha boy took a deep breath and exhaled. "I-I love you too, Naruto... I should tell you that before. I was too scared, although everyone thinks I'm not scared of anything, but that's not true at all!"

Naruto's eyes widened in shock. "I-I didn't know we loved each other secretly," he said, grinning.

Sasuke looked at the blonde in shock. "N-Naruto?" he spoke softly.

The boy laughed, trying to defuse the situation. 

Sasuke couldn't help, but smile. The boy was just so adorable. He suddenly pulled him into a tight hug. "I love you, Naruto," he whispered in his ear.

"I love you too, Sasuke," Naruto whispered back.