Chapter 3

A few days passed by and Naruto was at his home all alone. His dark thoughts were trying to overwhelm him again. He shook his head and looked at a picture on his nightstand. It was a picture of him, Sakura, Sasuke, and Kakashi.

A little smile appeared on his face. Then sighed and turned his head away.

You're a monster!

I said to you not to talk with this kid!

Don't look at him!

A tear formed in the corner of his eye. He quickly wiped it away with his sleeve. He took a breath and left his house. He walked through the street, ignoring all the people around. Suddenly a 'POOF!' was heard behind him. Naruto stopped and turned around. "K-Kakashi sensei?"

"Naruto, I was looking for you. I had been at your house, but you weren't there."

"Do you need anything, Kakashi sensei? Did I do anything wrong?"

Kakashi shook his head a bit shocked by the boy's behavior. "We have just another mission, so I wanted to ask you if you'll go with us," he said calmly.

Naruto nodded. "I will," he answered with a grin.

You're just a loser!

He was about to follow Kakashi when he suddenly stopped himself from doing so. S-Sasuke? Why now!?

He quickly shook his head and ran after Kakashi, hoping his sensei didn't notice anything.

But unfortunately, Kakashi saw everything. Naruto...

After a few minutes, they reached their destination. Sasuke and Sakura have been there already. Kakashi turned to them. "This is a simple mission, y'all. You just need to clean this river from the garbage."

Everyone nodded.

Kakashi sat down under the tree. He looked at the fox boy who didn't look well at all. He let out a sigh and pulled out his orange book. The kid doesn't look good... I wish I could help him somehow...

Naruto was doing his work silently without any complaints. Sasuke came to him. "Are you alright, Naruto?"

Naruto flinched with himself a bit, not expecting the black-haired boy at all. "S-Sasuke," he said and turned to the boy. "I-I am alright."

The latter frowned, not convinced by the answer. "I don't believe you..."

Naruto was surprised by the latter's act all of a sudden. "Aren't you gonna say that I'm a loser or something?"

Sasuke raised a brow. "Why would I?" he asked. "We're friends, right? I admit you're the most annoying kid I've ever seen, but on the other hand, you're still my friend and sometimes, you're much better company than Sakura," Sasuke explained, giving the blonde a little smile.

Hearing it helped Naruto feels a little bit better. He smiled too at the boy. "I feel a bit better. I think it was what I needed to hear right now, thank you, Sasuke!" the boy's face lighten up.

The Uchiha boy smiled. He didn't know why, but seeing the blonde's bright smile made him happy. "You're welcome, I guess... We should keep working before Kakashi will notice us and scolds us. I'll help you, Naruto," Sasuke said, smiling.

Naruto nodded, grinning. Both didn't notice the pink-haired girl that was watching them the whole time. Then with a sigh, she turned away. I wonder what is going on...

A few hours passed by. "Okay! We're done here! Good work, everyone!" Kakashi spoke once they got off the river. 

Sasuke looked at Naruto who looked really tired but didn't say anything.

"Can we go now, Kakashi sensei?" Sakura asked.

Kakashi nodded. Then a 'POOF' was heard and Kakashi was gone.

Sakura quickly came to the raven and hang up onto his arm. "Sasuke-Kun, would you like to go eat with me?"

Naruto turned away, not able to watch the scene. He wanted to go to eat his lunch as well, so he decided to go away.

Sasuke was watching the latter's back. He wanted to say something, but he couldn't. He sighed. He let go of Sakura, giving her an annoyed face. "You're annoying." With those words, he went off.

Those words hit Sakura so hard. She couldn't believe what she heard. You're annoying.

Sasuke was passing by the shops when he noticed Naruto standing in front of his favorite place where he ate his ramen every day.

Naruto noticed him and blushed a bit. "S-Sasuke? Where is Sakura-Chan?"

"Don't know. May I join you, or are you expecting someone else?"

"No, no. Of course, you can join me, Sasuke!" Naruto grinned from ear to ear. Then he turned his head around and waved at someone. "Shikamaru!"

"Yeah... Yeah... I'm coming..." he said tiredly with his hands in his pockets.

Sasuke hesitated a little. "Oh... So you were waiting at someone, I think I should rather go-"

"Don't go, Sasuke!"

The raven looked into blue eyes and suddenly he felt bad for leaving him. He saw the desperation in his eyes. He wanted him here, but why? "Okay then, I'll stay."

Naruto's smile got bigger. "Thank you!"

Then the trio sat down on their chairs, waiting for their bowls of ramen. Sasuke noticed the blonde's energy. The whole day he looked tired and empty and then suddenly he looked more alive than before. Sasuke couldn't help himself but smile.

Naruto kept talking about something with Shikamaru and him. Even Shikamaru was smiling.

After that, when Naruto ran away for something, Shikamaru and Sasuke looked at each other. "Did you notice anything about him, Sasuke?" Shikamaru asked with a slight frown.

"He kept acting strange lately..." Sasuke admitted.

"Do you know why?" the latter asked, watching the blonde who was talking to a man.

Sasuke shook his head. "No, I don't..."

Shikamaru raised his eyebrow and sighed. "Nevermind..." he said tiredly. Naruto loves you, you idiot...