"Are you okay Y/N?" Connie whispered. 

He annoyed the fuck out of you, but he was a good boy really. Despite his inability to read the room, he truly cared about everyone else, and he knew that this was not the time for his usual shenanigans. 

You replied with nothing more than a stiff nod, as your breath grew shaky and heavy. You were lying of course, you were far from okay, but you wanted to make this fucker pay, after getting information out of him by doing whatever it takes.

This plan was dangerous, Especially as Kenny was not alone, he had 3 other friends with him, and obviously, they stood in a room full of any weapon they could get their hands on. You had to make this fast.

Your stomach dropped as the Armory owner not so subtly looked at you through the window, and two of Kenny's friends began to follow his gaze. 

You ducked down just in time, they didn't quite catch you, but you were sure they knew something was off, so it was now or never. 

"Go." you instructed.

You and Mikasa burst through the doors first, only to find them already facing you, guns drawn, and the Armory owner knocked out on the floor. These guys were unbelievably fast. Mikasa flew in just in time to take out two of his men before they had the opportunity to pull the trigger, but the main threat remained, and he took direct aim.

You ducked back out of the doors just in time, and aimed your flare guns into the room, sending clouds of red and black into the room. You slinked in silently followed by Jean and Eren, as everyone else remained outside on guard.

"Well well, Nice to see you again little lady." his voice echoed from an unknown area within the heavy smoke. You didn't respond, you weren't that stupid.

"I knew you'd come poking around eventually, sticking your nose where it don't belong, but I gotta say, I'm surprised you don't have your little boyfriend here to protect ya."

"Cut the crap Kenny. Where is he?" you finally spoke up, not sounding as brave as you intended.

After speaking you snuck off to a different corner of the room, so Kenny couldn't simply follow your voice to your location. But you were unable to locate the source of his voice just yet, so you kept quiet in an attempt to keep him talking. He does have quite the loud mouth after all.

"Beats me. Do you really think if I'd seen the little runt that we'd still both be alive? Not that I'd tell you if I have anyway."

Nobody responds, but the cloud is beginning to dissipate. It remains heavy towards the center of the room, but it's faded enough around the edges that you can see several more squad members entering, and forming a large circle around the room. Kenny is trapped.

"Say, If you're looking for him, and you've come to me of all people, he must of been gone a while. That's some very interesting information." he continues on with his smug monologue.

"I mean, without the little shit around to protect ya, maybe I can finish the job after all. Hell, Maybe he's not even alive, I'd be disappointed if I wasn't the one to put an end to him, but then again, maybe I already have."

You had almost forgotten that Kenny wasn't alone. Mikasa took out two of his guards, but one still remained, so you gave the signal. 

Everyone crouched down and pulled out their flare guns, aiming to the center of the room, but high enough to avoid hitting each other. 

You all fired simultaneously, and an even heavier cloud filled the room, all different colors clashed, forming a big gust of brown smoke, and it was too much. Your eyes burned and you had to hold in your coughs and splutters, but not everyone was so successful. You became so disoriented you couldn't navigate the room, you had forgotten where all the windows and doors were.

"You think a little smoke is gonna bother me missy? Why don't you just run along home and accept that your little boyfriend is gone."

Someone gave in and began coughing heavily. This is bad. You heard several loud crashes and bangs as a few unidentified voices let out shouts and screams. You flung yourself towards this sound, but made sure not to attack just yet, to ensure you didn't accidentally hurt one of your comrades. But someone else had the same idea, without being so smart. You were thrown to the floor by a heavy body hurling into you as something sharp and cold pressed against your throat. 

Jean was on top of you looking ready to kill until he realized it was you and quickly rolled off of you. The two of you silently looked around, finding the smoke slowly parting to reveal a large pool of blood. Fuck.

Eren arrived, shortly followed by Mikasa, as you all spotted four bodies of your comrades crumpled up in a pile, throats sliced wide open. While you weren't familiar with any of these comrades, grief and anger coursed through your veins, supplying you with a newfound sense of courage. Fuck Kenny. Fuck that piece of shit, he will pay. 

"I'll kill that guy, where is he?" Eren whined.

The smoke dissipated enough for you to see light beaming inside from the open doorway, as an unmistakable figure silently slinked out of it.

"HE'S GETTING AWAY, EVERYONE OUT!" you commanded.

People piled out of the door, stepping over more bodies, as others smashed through the windows. You were one of the last to exit the room, but a strong pair of arms wrapped around your waist from behind, preventing you from going any further. You swiftly kicked your leg up.

"HA. You really think that's gonna get you out of this? You didn't even touch me!" A gruff mocking voice sounds from your left ear.

But you weren't trying to kick him. The dumbass didn't even see you grab the dagger from your boot before you lunged it behind you. Not even thinking twice as it sunk deeply into his temple before he collapsed, soaking you with his blood.

Fuck. I just killed a person..

But strangely, you didn't feel as bad as you expected to. Actually, you felt powerful. Is this what Levi felt when taking down his foes in the underground? You began to understand him. You weren't okay with the idea of just going around killing people randomly, but to take a human life in order to survive, there was no feeling quite like it.

You sunk your hooks into the wall of the building opposite this one and shot yourself outside, you noticed a large group of your comrades floating in the same direction, and you soon caught up to them.

"Where is that rotten cunt?" your voice came out sharp as Jean looked towards you in horror.

"jeez Y/N, what's gotten into you? are you hurt?" 

"Yeah, what's with all the blood?" Connie asks.

"There's gonna be even more of it when we find that prick. Where is he?!" You bellowed, causing the others to recoil in shock.

"We don't know! We saw him go in this direction but it's like he just vanished!" Armin chimes in.

You all continued searching for hours, but it was no use, Kenny was gone. You didn't get any information, and you didn't get to sink your blades into his sagged wrinkly old throat. 

This is pointless. 

I'll never find Levi.