Messing with the Captain.

Today was the day, you were going to mess with the Captain. It felt petty but the way he made you feel so out of place and unwelcome needed to be changed. At this point, you'd rather he frequently berate you the way he did everyone else. You stuck out like a sore thumb to the rest of your squad because of his treatment, and you found it downright humiliating. 

People were constantly bringing it up and asking you about it, and you never had any answers, you wanted to know as much as they did.

For all of this humiliation and unwanted attention, You wanted payback.

You knew today you would be training in hand to hand combat, and you had a plan.

You and the rest of the Levi squad already gathered in the training grounds ready for their training session. Seeing as there was an uneven amount of squad members, someone was always left to partner with the Captain. 

Before he had always partnered you with Armin, who to be honest, was a big softie. As much as you liked Armin, you didn't feel like training with him got you anywhere or taught you anything. It was far too easy to beat him, and you didn't want to anymore.

Today was no different, he told Armin to pair up with you again. It was time, you were ready to set your plan in motion. 

"Armin, please don't think badly of me, but for today I would like to switch partners"

"Oh? That's absolutely fine, but who would you like to be paired with instead?" he asked, confused.

"Bear with me" You answered.

"Captain, if I may?" you raised your voice.

He turned and glared in your direction, but not directly at you.

"Sir, With all due respect, You always pair me up with Armin. I don't usually mind, but today I fancy a change. Can I be paired with you today?"

a suspicious look coloured his face as his eyes narrowed.

"That's bold of you. What makes you want to get hurt so bad?"

"Well sometimes I just like a bit of a challenge Captain."

"Tch..Out of the question, pick somebody else."

"What's wrong Captain? Crushing on Jean? Is that why you want to be paired with him so badly?" you jeered.

The rest of the squad were staring at you in disbelief, Jean was holding his breath looking between you and Levi, and Levi, for the first time, was finally looking directly into your eyes.

His cold stare was invasive and intimidating, You felt exposed, as if he could see all of your deepest desires and secrets by merely looking at you. In this moment, you almost preferred being invisible to him. He still didn't say a word, so you brushed off the fear and continued.

"Or are you afraid to be beaten by a girl?"

He rolled his eyes "Fine. Horseface! go pair up with Armin."

Jean looked offended by this, but he knew better than to backtalk Levi Ackerman.

You walked over to the captain, he was no longer looking at you but you could sense he was not happy, not that he ever was, but he seemed on edge somehow.

Without another word he got into fighting position, you followed suit. He swiped his leg to kick yours from under you, but you were too quick. You managed to trip him and swiftly pin him to the ground. Straddling his waist and holding him down by his shoulders, you looked down at him and his face was flushed.

"Humanities strongest soldier, pinned straight away. Something bothering you Captain?" you remarked.

Without a word, he grunted, shoved you off of him, Stood up and grabbed the back of your shirt to pull you up to stand . You got the feeling he was going easy on you. You had seen him fight, he was incredibly quick and strong. He wasn't one to go down so easily.