The tavern

Ever since that night, you had ignored Levi completely. Not that he ever spoke to you first, but you didn't bother paying attention to his treatment of you. You wanted to get over these feelings you had for him, and avoiding him as much as possible was the best way you could think of.

A few times during training, cleaning or meal times, you glanced in his direction and could swear he was just looking away from you, but you didn't think much into it.

You had been on a few expeditions now, and you felt you were really getting the hang of it.

Titans were just as terrifying as you remembered, but you pushed through the fear and took them down with ease. There was no more sightings of the beast titan. 

Of course there were many losses during these missions, but none of them were anyone you really knew. You felt incredibly callous for feeling this way, but you were glad it was them instead of your friends.

Connie and Jean came up with a plan for you and the rest of the Levi squad to sneak out to a tavern, without Levi of course. This was a free week so it would not interfere with any duties, but you still doubted the Captain would be happy to allow you all a night out on the town.

You got ready for this night out, and decided to doll up completely. You wore your hair in loose curls, spent a lot of time doing your makeup to the highest standard and dressed yourself in a black dress that tightly hugs your body. As you looked in the mirror, you barely recognized yourself. 

For the first time in your life you genuinely felt attractive. You felt pretty... hot, and maybe even beautiful. You left your room with a newfound sense of confidence and strutted through the halls while still being careful to not make any noise.

You joined the others and were met with wolf whistles and compliments. You felt a slap on your ass and turned to find Hange stood behind you with a cheeky grin.

"Damn Y/N, I told you you were hot!!"

You laughed in response, surprised Hange was joining this outing but didn't question it.

You all continued to the tavern, and arrived in about 15 minutes.

The tavern was quiet. The bar, tables walls and floors consisted solely of dull wooden planks, on each table was a small red table cloth, and each window had dusty red curtains hanging from each side. The air was musty with the smell of cigarette smoke and damp, and cobwebs covered every upper corner. 

The tables were half empty, consisting mostly of middle aged men and MP's you didn't recognize, and the elderly man behind the bar looked as if he hated his job.

The entire atmosphere of this place was completely drab, and many leering eyes turned on you, almost visually eating you alive. Your confidence was soon replaced by a feeling of discomfort. These men were very clearly undressing you with their eyes and you felt exposed, as if they had stripped you bare for real.

This made you feel a bit less hopeful about your evening, but many of the others in your group seemed far too excited to notice how dirty and boring this tavern seemed.

You all made your way to a large rectangular table in the middle of the tavern, and all of you were accounted for except Jean and Connie. A few minutes later, they appeared with two trays full of shots and mischievous grins spread across their faces.

"Alright drink up" Connie practically sang, Jean sniggering beside him as they both picked up a shot, clinked their small glasses together and downed the contents.

Everyone cheersed and took a shot, You gagged at the burning in your throat and heat pooling in your stomach.

"Ugh what IS that?" You examined the empty glass.