The Beast Titan.

The expedition was going steadily. So far you had only encountered one 10m abnormal dragging itself on the floor unable to stand or pose any kind of threat, so you all just rode by it without a second thought.

You continued riding for a while, squad members shouting from their horses to make an occasional joke to ease the tension, nothing seemed amiss.

Miche had paired up with Levi to command your squad for this mission. You had absolutely no fear, You had both of humanities strongest soldiers on your squad, and you liked your odds.

You were heading to an old castle to investigate inside, and now you could see what you believed to be this castle in the distance.

You arrived at this dilapidated castle, and you were not expecting to find much inside. It was very clearly on the verge of collapse. Castle was a generous term for this sorry state of a building. All you saw was one tall cylindrical spire, riddled with dying weeds, moss and rot.

You all dismounted your horses and headed towards the entrance, Levi swiftly kicked the door off it's hinges and ushered you all inside.

The inside of this castle was in no better shape than the outside, it was dank, the bricks on the walls and floor were slick with moisture, and the air smelt rotten. You could hear a steady 'drip drip drip' sound and spotted many bugs and a couple of rodents scuttling around the room. 

You began to investigate an old cupboard. When you went to open the door, the wood crumbled away with rot, and landed on the floor with a squelch. How it even stayed intact until now was beyond you. Inside this cupboard, you found almost nothing, until you noticed a jar of spoiled food of some kind. This would not of been of any interest to you if it wasn't for the label, which was written in an unrecognizable language. You quickly went to show the others.

"Guys.. Can anybody read this?"

They all gathered around you, Levi holding his torch in the middle as everyone examined this jar.

"Disgusting. What is it?" Levi scrutinized the contents of the jar.

"I don't know Captain, I'm more interested in the label"

"Yeah. We've seen things like this before. Our best guess is an old language from before our time." Levi explained. You rolled your eyes as he seemed to be talking to everybody in the group except for you.

"But Captain, How could there of been any old languages without us knowing about it?" Armin enquired

"I don't know. If you have any better theories be my guest" Levi seemed like he was trying to sound polite for once, but his monotonous voice and blank face just made him as abrasive as usual.

"Well what if this is from somewhere outside. People could of come into the walls and bought this with them" Armin continued.

"How do you suppose anyone could of snuck into the walls? Even without the guards being on constant watch, they would be titan shit by now"

"But what about Annie, Bertholt and Reiner? They snuck in under the guise of a titan attack. Who's to say this isn't theirs?"

You never met Bertholt and Reiner, But you knew enough about them. They were once trusted comrades, but it turned out they were actually the ones responsible for the fall of the very wall that once protected the land you were now stood in, the Armored titan and the Colossal titan.

You could tell the squad were still recovering from their treachery, some even in denial.

"It's possible. But they spoke the same language. How could they speak the same yet write differently?" Levi added