Getting to know the new recruit.

Your first week of training with the scout regiment was done. 

You slumped onto your bed, exhausted, thinking about everything that happened. You made a few new friends and finally felt like you were doing something with your life. Maybe you hadn't actually been on an expedition yet but at least you've actually done something other than sit around feeling like an outcast.

Of course the first few days were daunting but you quickly got the hang of it all. You were assigned to Levi's squad along with your new friends Sasha, Jean and Connie. You hadn't quite gotten acquainted with the others yet, especially not the Captain. 

He was a small man, but extremely intimidating. He carried an aura of "don't fuck with me" authority. He had raven hair parted in the middle with an undercut, steely eyes and an unreadable facial expression. 

You were only assigned to his squad due to his entire last squad being killed by the female titan, Who turned out to be a fellow MP, Annie Leonhart. 

If it weren't for that, you doubt you'd ever be good enough to be on this squad, and you definitely felt that Levi thought the same. Humanity's strongest would only want the best of course.

Just as you were about to drift off to sleep, still in your clothes , you were startled awake by a knock on your door. 

"It's open!" you called out, not bothering to move. 

Connie and Sasha burst the door open, Wrestling and tripping over each other, Each one fighting to get into the room before the other.

You chuckled without moving from your starfish position on the bed, and greeted them. 

"Hey guys! Don't mind me I'm exhausted, What's up?" 

Connie spoke first "Y/N!! We're all going to have drinks in the mess hall tonight! You're coming with us right?" 

"Drinks and food!!" Sasha quickly chimed in. 

As tired as you were, and as much as you usually avoided drinking nights, you finally met people you'd like to get to know better, So you agreed to meet them after showering and changing.

 You watched them jump up and down, high five and exit your room in the same manner they had entered. 

You wondered how they always seemed so carefree when they had seen such awful things and likely lost many friends.

You quickly gathered your stuff to head to the showers. You headed down the hall feeling self conscious about your current hygiene, so of course when you saw Captain Levi round corner and head in your direction, you tried your best to act as if you didn't notice him, He was the last person you wanted to see you in this state, especially with everyone talking about him being an obsessive clean freak. 

You fear if he smelled you right now he would give you the same treatment he gave Eren at his court hearing. Just as he was about to pass you, you made the mistake of glancing at him. 

You couldn't help it, He's so handsome, you thought to yourself. He promptly cleared his throat, but didn't say a word, he wasn't looking back at you but you could swear you saw him quickly avert his eyes away from you and speed up his walking just as you looked his way, almost too quickly.

You found it strange how he seemed to be overly confident, maybe even harsh, with all the other squad members, but you could swear he wouldn't even look at you, let alone say a single word to you. Once you had tried to speak to him when he was talking with others, and he immediately looked at the ground and fell silent.

You really enjoyed this new squad, but something was off about Levi and the way he behaved towards you. Does he hate me? 

You physically shook these thoughts away and quickened your pace to the showers. It felt amazing to wash the day away, get rid of the unpleasant smell and finally feel fresh. You then got ready to meet the others.