Chapter 15

Malleus's Birthday:

Today was the big day you had to put your trust into everyone to make sure everything would go smoothly. You got up early because today you had a lot to do and it started with keeping Malleus out of the dorm. when you saw Malleus at the breakfast table you wished him a happy birthday and told him that you had big plans for today. He was overjoyed when you said this. "Y/n you remembered.." he said smiling. "Of course I did! how could I forget" you told him surprised he would think that you would forget. After you both got ready to leave Sebek bid you both goodbye and watched you both leave. You could see Rook in the corner of your eye watching you and Malleus. Everything was going according to plan. " we are going to go somewhere your familiar with. I think you will like it" you said to Malleus. "I can't wait to see what you have in store for me." He said clearly excited to see what you have planned.

After you arrived in Briar Valley you looked at Malleus who had a smile on his face. He looked happy. You took his hand and walked down the decorated streets. You greeted other Fae and they greeted you too. They were so kind towards you and Malleus. Malleus actually spoke with the citizens instead of them watching him from afar. They gave him many gifts like fresh bread from a bakery and fruits and vegetables. As news spread that Malleus was around town without any guards people started to to swarm you and Malleus." Malleus- sama it's so wonderful to see you so close, who is this who is with you?" An old woman asked looking at you." This is y/n, they are my partner." "What a lovely couple you two make, I'm sure they will be a wonderful asset to the throne." She said with a smile. At this your face grew red slightly embarrassed by the comment.

You went to a local orphanage where you saw many children they were so excited to see Malleus. a small boy asked him "can you breath out fire?" and Malleus said " of course i can" and blew out a green flame that was small enough that it was not dangerous for the kids you gave them the bread and the vegetables because you were sure they needed them more than you both did. Your friends used to always tell you that you had a soft spot for kids. You though of your friends and how excited they would have been to hear that you had a boyfriend. They always fussed you to get one but you never did. You missed them you wondered if you could ever see them again but your thoughts were interrupted by a child crying. You went over to her and she was crying over a broken vase. She had accidentally bumped into it and it was shattered on the ground. She was bleeding on her fingers from the broken glass. But she didn't seem concerned about it. "Im sorry, Im sorry" she kept on repeating ignoring the fact that she was hurt You took her in your arms a patted her head softly. "Its okay no one blames you " you said reassuring her. " but it was expensive" you looked at her confused then told her that you would by another one. And placed a plaster on her finger. It seemed that the vase was a gift from the past owner of the orphanage and it has been handed down for quite a while. The orphanage was also low on funds so they struggled with feeding the children. Malleus didn't like that at all and decided to sponsor the orphanage. When it was time to leave all the Children lined up and said goodbye. The girl who was crying before came up to you and handed you a rose.

A white rose. That symbolized new beginnings. And ever lasting love.

After speaking to many locals you lead him to a store. It was an ice cream store." I know it's still cold outside, but I know you love ice cream". A tear ran down his face and with a smile he said" I'm so happy to have someone like you. You know me so well. I was going to wait till later but it doesn't matter anymore." He got on one knee and took a small box out of his pocket in the small ice cream shop. He opened the box and inside was a beautiful ring with a diamond on it." You make me so happy. So please don't ever leave my side. Y/n will you marry me?". You looked at him in shock. It was a bit embarrassing In front of the staff but you didn't care you loved Malleus and he loved you." Of course I will" you said and hugged him tightly. He took the ring out of the box and slowly put it on your ring finger then kissed your hand.

"This really is my best birthday. Thank you Y/n."