chapter 9

Malleus walked into your room with a silver platter and on top of it were two teacups and a tea pot with a beautiful design on it. "Would you like some tea I got imported from The Scalding Sands". You accepted his offer gratefully. Malleus gave a can of tuna to grim, and he thanked him eagerly.

"Malleus?.. Why did you choose me. Why did you bring me here out of all the people from my world. I'm sure there are beautiful people from my world and yours too. Yet you chose me out of the two." You asked him this wanting a serious answer.

"Well, when I was younger, I didn't have any friends my parents were never around, and I only had my grandmother and Lilia. I was so lonely I really wanted someone to talk to even if they never listened to a word I said. Even if they would just pretend to listen. I grew up as royalty in Briar Valley and I was home schooled.

Whenever I went out into the towns of Briar Valley on my birthday people would stare ,greet me and wish me a happy birthday but they would never come over and talk to me. I wanted to go over and conversate with children my age, but they always avoided me just because of the family I was from. It hurt so much. They never tried to get to know me. They just assumed I was dangerous. I spent so many birthdays alone. My grandmother would send me a card are rose seeds every year and I was very grateful for them, so I still plant them in the garden back at home and on our dorm premises. I have come to really like those roses. The chef always made a wonderful cake for me every year, but because I spent them alone I ended up eating the whole cake by myself I felt bad if the cake went to waste. I tried to give some of the other servants some but the always declined no matter how much I pressed them. I now dislike birthday cake because of the heartburn I would get after eating it. I was so desperate for love that if Lilia had not been in my life I would have probably gone mad.

One day I was in the forest and I came across a mirror and then I saw you. You probably don't remember, But you came to Briar Valley once and I showed you my patch of roses that I got from my grandmother. You were so nice and thoughtfully I really enjoyed being around you. We talked about things from your world and things from mine. Even though we could never meet on my birthday I always left you a piece of cake for when I saw you again. We saw each other for 3 years.

And every time you left I would erase your memories so that you wouldn't know who I was. Even though we met so many different times you never changed your personality. Not once. You always had the same beautiful smile. I loved seeing your reaction to the roses in my garden. I was addicted to it but after you left for the last time and didn't come back I was depressed for a long time. I realized that I could no longer reach you through the mirror. I could only watch you grow older. Through this mirror I was able to see many humans from your world but none of them intrigued me like you did. You were special. You were rebellious yet so kind. You didn't let other people push you around you were so unique. I wanted to talk to you again. And I regretted erasing your memories. Because you forgot about all the good times we had together.

I spent my whole life trying to find a way from you to live with me forever and I was finally able to extend your lifetime. So that you would be able to live as long as me. And I have finally figured out how to do it and it's already In action. I did not wait to put that plan into action as soon as you were in my arms."

"So you put some spell on me and now my life is being extended?" You asked in shock. "Yes, this way you won't die before me" he said confirming your thoughts. "Who gave you permission to change my life span" you questioned him quite upset that he decided this on his own." Yours of course, you said we would be together forever and that you would never leave my side. But you broke that promise so I had to go get you myself. So that you wouldn't leave me ever again. You also promised to marry me when your older. Which is clear that your much older now, but I'm willing to wait a bit longer for our wedding" he said smiling.

He had such a nice smile you could tell that he wasn't lying.you sighed then said" Even if you are telling the truth I can't marry you, your royalty I'm sure your grandmother and Lilia would rather you marring Someone of your own kind..". " Lilia and my grandmother both said I should marry anyone who makes me happy and you do. Besides you don't have a choice. You promised me already and we will get married. Grandma and all Briar Valley will be there to see the ceremony broadcasted. And once you marry me. You will be royalty too no different from me. We could also have kids.I would love a child who looks just like you."

You were overwhelmed with everything that he was saying. Kids? At your age ?marriage soon? You weren't ready for marriage. Your mother always told you that marriage was something done between people who love each other and you didn't even know if you liked him let alone loved him.

"I'm sorry malleus I gave you false hope. I was young back then I didn't know what it meant to get married or stay with someone forever". Malleus looked heart broken. And you your heart ached having to tell him this. But you couldn't do it not yet, marriage was too soon. You were so young and wanted to enjoy your life not get married and have kids like people in those movies you used to watch.

"Malleus I'm sorry but I don't want this".