[]<>[] sᴄᴏᴜᴛɪɴɢ []<>[]

It was the next day and you were being sent on a mission with Hiccup and Snotlout along with Toothless and Hookfang to go scout out what they were preparing to see if it was anything special.

You were in the air on Infernier, Scorch and Sear were left with the twins, Fishlegs and Astrid for some extra training just incase.

Infernier roared at Hookfang and Toothless so they roared back.

"Okay, we'll stay here for the day just to check on what they're planning. We can't be too careful." Hiccup said

"Got it!" You exclaimed

"Come on Hooky!" Snotlout shouted

Hookfang landed in the trees.

"Snotlout..." Hiccup sighed

You laughed before Infernier landed on the ground, Toothless followed.

"Okay! What're we looking for first?" Snotlout asked

"We're looking to not get caught. Come on, Viggo's tent is in the middle." Hiccup stated

"Whose Viggo?" You questioned

"Some mean big guy with a habit of playing board games." Snotlout explained

"We'll tell you later." Hiccup stated

"Okay?..." You replied

Infernier roared in confusion before Toothless crouched and ran after Hiccup since he was going to the other side of the island. Hookfang grabbing Snotlout by the tunic and began carrying him over to where they were going.

"Is that Viggo?" Snotlout asked

"That's Ryker, his brother. Who we thought led them." Hiccup said

Hookfang roared before dropping Snotlout, Snotlout yelled before Toothless shut him up by firing a Plasma Blast.

"What's in that hole?" You asked

"We have yet to know." Hiccup stated

"Well then, that's helpful." You shrugged

Infernier bellowed in amusement before staring at the many hunters walking around with bows, arrows in boxes and a few other weapons.

"That's Viggo. Over there." Hiccup stated

"I'm so ready to go in there with Hookfang and burn the place." Snotlout shared

You reached into your satchel and pulled out the lens you had, you hadn't told them you had it.

"You think they know why this was on the ship I took down?" You asked

"Y/N. where'd you find that?" Hiccup asked

Toothless sniffed the lens before Infernier stared at it.

"On my first ship takedown with Infernier! Y'know, the one with the Timberjacks." You replied

"That's a Dragon Eye Lens." Snotlout snorted

"Y/N- you took a Dragon Eye Lens from them? That's amazing! That can help us defeat them and discover new dragons!" Hiccup said

Toothless roared happily, Infernier nudged you proudly. He was the one who helped you actually retrieve it before it fell into the ocean.

"You can have it, I don't really care about it anyways." You stated

Hiccup took the lens and put it into Toothless's saddle bag, it'd be safe there for the time being.

"Can we go now?" Snotlout asked

Infernier shrieked before pushing you out of the way, an arrow hit the tree.

"Everyone! On your dragons and into the air!" Hiccup exclaimed

"Let's go Infernier!" You called

"Hookfang!" Snotlout yelled

Hookfang came back down for Snotlout and grabbed him by the arms using his big talons. You got onto Infernier before he took off, Hiccup and Toothless were flying to get out of the arrow range and so was Hookfang.

"Infernier! Go down!" You exclaimed

"Y/N!" Snotlout shouted

"Infernier reached his altitude limit!" Hiccup pointed out

Infernier began to dive towards the water while dodging arrows and boulders, you took a deep breath before he barrel rolled into the water where the arrows and boulders were unable to hit you and Infernier directly due to water pressure.

Infernier roared at you, it sounded a bit muffled but he kept swimming away.

You looked up and saw Snotlout, Hookfang, Hiccup and Toothless waiting above the water for your return which meant you and Infernier were out of range.

You scratched Infernier's head which signalled him to surface so he did, you took a big breath right after and so did Infernier.

"Didn't think Singetails were good swimmers?" You said

"I should've remembered, now that we have a dragon who can't go too high we're gonna need to adjust every time we go on a mission together." Hiccup stated

"Hey! Hookfang has requirements to!" Snotlout shouted

"Has he ever complained?" Hiccup asked

Toothless roared at Hookfang in confusion and Hookfang roared back, both dragons were confused.

You laughed before Infernier roared happily while drying himself in the sun, he wasn't gonna go swimming for fun. Ever.

"Let's head back to The Edge, Fishlegs is gonna be psyched for some new information and a new lens. We also need to see how Scorch and Sear are." Hiccup stated

"Whoo!" Snotlout exclaimed

[]<>[] Back At The Edge []<>[]

Sear and Scorch seemed to have learned how to perfectly blast correctly and how to perfect accuracy so that they'd be ready for the battle in two days.

"A new Dragon Eye Lens! I'm so excited!" Fishlegs exclaimed

Sear and Scorch were overjoyed to see Infernier and you back.

It was time to go to sleep since in the morning you were supposed to learn more about Viggo and Ryker since you were gonna battle them in a few days.

You were down by one of the ponds, farthest away from the volcano but it also gave your dragons access to the drinkable water.

"Goodnight guys! Tomorrow we'll learn some more about our enemy." You smiled

Sear and Scorch roared happily before laying down right next to you, Infernier laid down next to you too. Swimming can really tire someone out.

Sear and Scorch went to sleep first, they didn't move a muscle once they had actually fallen asleep which didn't take too long.

"Feeling a little homesick, you?" You asked

Infernier roared.

"Yeah, haven't slept anywhere else but that island. I'm sure we'll be going home pretty soon though." You stated

Infernier roared in response before falling asleep, it was your turn to sleep now but it was a little hard since you had so much to do and expect in the morning.

You smiled before attempting to make yourself comfortable on the grass surrounding the pond.

You had went to sleep after a while of thinking about what you'd be doing in the morning, a whole lesson on someone in the dragon hunting industry wasn't necessarily all that interesting since for the most part they just grew up hunting dragons and ended up in their position. Viggo apparently had a whole different story though.