58: Looking Ahead

Present time...

Sanghyuk is currently sitting in a bench, watching the people who are having fun by the seashore. He's not in the city, for his own good he wanted to get away as far as possible.

"Glad that you're having fun."

Hyewon said.

She bought two ice cream bars and gave one to him.

"Thanks noona. I am and I think I'm all quite healed now."

Sanghyuk said.

"Don't fool yourself, you don't have to pretend that you are already fine when you still have a long way to go."

She scolded.

"Noted."

He grinned.

"Anyway, is the dean's office still reaching out to you?"

Hyewon remembered that the dean's office even email her knowing that they are siblings.

"Yeah, I even receivef a follow-up email earlier."

Sanghyuk chuckled.

"They are really determined in keeping you huh?"

Hyewon let out a laugh.

"They want to offer me online classes in that way I can finish at least the first semester."

Sanghyuk showed her the content of the recent email.

"Really? That's really good. They really don't want to lose a potential top graduate huh?"

Hyewon looked at Sanghyuk, trying to figure out what he wants to do.

"If you want to go back to studying, I won't stop you. But you have to promise me that you're going to focus on studying first and also prioritise your health over everything."

She held his hand.

"I promise and thank you for taking care of me ."

Sanghyuk hugged Hyewon, he's very thankful that he has a very considerate and loving sister.

"You're making things emotional, of course I will take care of you. You're my baby brother after all."

Hyewon teased.

"Noona!"

The two laughed together, sharing yet another memory to cherish when they are older.

Timeskip (End of the Semester)

Everyone is looking at the notice board where the departmental, school and overall rankings are being posted. Everyone who were present were surprised, seeing a familiar name in the rankings. In just a minute, the word gets out and it was already the hottest article in the school forum.

Learning about the rankings, Wonyoung, Yujin and Jungwoon immediately rushed to the scene. Wanting to verify whether what the photos posted in the forum where real or just another prank by students. After news broke out of Wonyoung and Sanghyuk's break up, their popularity rose. Even the freshmen knew about them.

It wasn't a surprise for them to see a huge amount of people crowding the notice board. It was to the point where student marshals and the security decided to intervene to prevent any chaos and harm to everyone. They were told to line up if they wanted to check out the notice board and they will only given a limited amount of time to check their rankings.

With every step that Wonyoung took, her heart skip a beat. She's torn between being happy or sad right now, happy knowing that Sanghyuk did his best to maintain his academic position but at the same time sad because it means that he there is a chance that he already forgot about her.