23: Care

Almost a week has passed ever since that library moment happened. Sanghyuk seemed to lie low and Wonyoung is still avoiding him. It's only a matter of time until Yujin catches up as they have been great at it for the past days.

The group are currently having their lunch in the cafeteria. The usual with Jungwoon being noisy, giving them an entertaining lunchtime.

"Sanghyuk, you've been usually quiet for the past days. Are you feeling all right?"

Yujin asked, cutting Jungwoon and giving all the groups attention to Sanghyuk, even Wonyoung.

"Hmm? I'm alright."

He said.

Saying that, his friends gave him a judging look. Indicating they aren't buying and accepting the answer.

"Fine, I'm a bit sleepy and maybe is having a mild fever. But I'm fine, not something you should be worrying about."

Sanghyuk said.

"What do you mean by not to worry about. You should've just told us earlier and you would've been home by now."

Yujin said, furious.

"Lower your voice, Yujin."

"But she's right, Sanghyuk you should be resting at home right now."

Jungwoon said.

"After lunch let's go to the infirmary to apply for a permit. You're mom would be mad if she'll know about this."

Sunghoon said.

"My older sister too."

Sanghyuk giggled.

"Seriously."

He saw Yujin wearing that "I'm serious and don't joke around" face.

"Sorry."

Wonyoung was worried and kinda feels bad even though she's not the reason why he got sick.

"I can contact my driver to drive you home, I think it's much safer and convenient that way."

Wonyoung spoke up.

Sanghyuk turned towards her, finally having eye contact after a few days.

"Ohh, good idea. Don't even think of going against us Kang Sanghyuk."

Yujin threatened.

"I won't, thank you."

He smiled at Wonyoung.

After lunch, Sunghoon bought Sanghyuk to the school infirmary to have him checked and ask for a permit to go home as planned. The suspicion of mild fever was indeed true but it was toppled with exhaustion and fatigue which explains his corpse-like appearance earlier.

After giving Sanghyuk medicine the school nurse issued him a permit and let him rest for a bit before sending him off. Sunghoon with the information of the school nurse told their friends and the teacher of Sanhyuk's condition showing them the excuse letter from the nurse.

Sanghyuk arrived home, his mom was surprised to see him coming home this early. He gave his mom the permit before going to his room to rest. Not a second long after lying in his bed, he then passed out getting the rest that his body needs.

Meanwhile, Wonyoung is checking her phone for updates from her driver. Her eyes then lit up after seeing the notification pop up with her driver saying "Mr. Kang arrived at his doorstep safely, Ms.". She then turned off her phone and reverted her focus back to the close.

"Don't make it too obvious."

She heard Yujin whisper.

She raised her eyebrows, pretending she didn't know what her friend is referring to.

"Eh, don't give me that look. I know you waited for you driver to update you regarding Sanhyuk's whereabouts."

Yujin whispered.

"No I don't."

Wonyoung whispered back.

Instead of saying anything, Yujin just gave her a smirk leaving Wonyoung annoyed throughout the session.

. . . .

Sanghyuk woke up after his long sleep. He looked outside the window and saw that it's already dark which he figured that he's been sleeping for five or six hours at least. He then took his phone beside him to check his messenger app for any updates.

The first messages were from the class group chat, then from his friend group chat and lastly is from Wonyoung. He was surprised to see her check on him and they have a group chat where she can mention him. Of course he would check her message first, he has priorities.

"Hey, have you rested well?"

He read.

"Yeah, thanks for asking."

He stood up and took some things on his cabinet to wear before he washes up.

"Oh, you're awake."

"Yeah, I just woke up."

"Really? You've been asleep for quite sometime. I guess you're really are tired."

"Well, I guess I really needed that."

"How did you even get fatigued? I mean, we are barely getting any activities this week."

"Do you want an honest answer or a made up one?"

Wonyoung took a bit to reply after receiving the message.

"What is that question, of course I want the honest one."

"You sure?"

"Yes."

"It is because I started working part-time."

"Why did you not told us about this?"

Wonyoung was not happy about this.

"Because I don't want you guys to worry. Besides, it's going to be temporary. I hope."

Although it's only through a messaging app, Sanghyuk can feel Wonyoung's anger from the other side.

"What do you mean you hope? Yujin is going to be mad at you."

"I know."

Their conversation died down just like that, Wonyoung does not know what to say after that and Sanghyuk is too tired to think of any.

"The book."

Wonyoung messaged.

Sanghyuk smiled knowing she remembered it.

"Book?"

He replied, playing dumb.

"The book from the library a few days ago."

"Oh that, yes what about it?"

"Was it a part of you being exhausted?"

"What do you mean?"

"Never mind."

Wonyoung replied, annoyed of him playing dumb.

"No, I have finished it already and yes I'm doing effort to express my feelings for you. But not to the point that I would sacrifice my own health by doing it."

Wonyoung did not think that Sanghyuk would confess right away. What she said to Yujim awhile back came back to her but this time she does not know what to do.

"I gotta go eat dinner, bye."

Wonyoung hastily removed her phone from her hands and ran towards the dining room, avoiding the situation.

"I guess he was flustered."

Sanghyuk thought.

He then put his phone on his table and went to take a shower. Thinking of possible ways he can give the book to Wonyoung without gaining any attention.