29: Permission

A Couple of Days Later...

"Do you think I should try?"

Wonyoung asked. She's currently in her make up table, combing her hair.

"What do you mean?"

Yujin replied, looking up to her. She was lying  face flat down on Wonyoung's bed.

"You know, dating Sanghyuk."

Wonyoung said in shy voice.

"Hmm, I know that he likes you a lot but are the feelings mutual? If you like him too then I honestly don't think there are other reasons for you not to date him."

Yujin said.

"What about mom?."

Wonyoung asked.

"Well, you can ask her for permission or your dad. Just tell them who Sanghyuk is, I'm sure that they will acknowledge him specially when he's that smart and competent."

Yujin said.

"I'll think about it."

Wonyoung said.

"It's your choice Wony, just make sure that you're not leading Sanghyuk only to betray him or leave him in the end."

Yujin advised.

Remembering what her friend said last night, Wonyoung took courage to talk to her mom about dating. She knows how her mom is strict but ever since Sanghyuk became part of her friend her mom somehow changed too. She doesn't know if they are interrelated but it's better to take this chance than doing nothing at all.

"Mom, can I talk to you about something."

Wonyoung said.

"About what honey?"

Her mom asked.

They are currently in the table, having their breakfast.

"Is dating allowed for me?"

Wonyoung asked.

Both of her parents stopped what they where doing and looked at her. Wonyoung tried reading their facial expressions but she failed knowing what they currently have in mind.

"Dating?"

Her mom repeated.

"Yes, mom."

Wonyoung replied.

"Why, did someone asked you out?"

Her mother's tone was so flat that she is now unsure of what is happening.

"Of course, honey. Our baby is too beautiful and smart to have no courtiers at all."

Her dad spoke.

"Your mom is just scaring you, of course you are allowed to date. But remember that you-"

Wonyoung hugged her dad tightly, not even letting her finish his sentence.

"Thank you dad!"

She starts kissing him on his cheeks which she always does.

"You have to make sure that this won't affect your performance okay!"

Her mom said.

"Yes mom."

Wonyoung replied.

"Why didn't I receive any kisses?"

Her mom smiled.

Wonyoung then rushed towards her mom and hugged her. Bombarding her cheeks with kisses as well.

. . . .