Frozen Empathy (Chapter 28)

Start from the beginning

*Makoto POV*

After Y/N had said his goodbye, I ran and hid myself around the corner. Holding my flustered cheeks, trying to calm down. I pressed my hand against my chest, my heart was beating faster than before...

Makoto: W..Why. Why do I feel this way.. I'm so confused about everything.. Is he toying with me..!?

Caught in frustration, I pressed my hand harder to my chest. Taking a deep breath to try to clear my mixed state. The thoughts of Y/N from yesterday and today are starting to blur together. The Y/N was shining even more.. I rubbed my chin, trying to recreate the same feeling he made me feel. What is this feeling, I kept on thinking to myself. His eyes weren't lying when he was speaking to me.. But his eyes yesterday weren't lying either.. I still can't figure him out.. Maybe I will get my answers tomorrow... I know I will..!

*Your POV*

After leaving school, you caught up with Kasumi who was waiting for you just outside.

Kasumi: Ready to go Senpai!

You: Ready whenever you are.

Kasumi: Awesome! Let's go! 

You followed Kasumi to the train station and took a train to her meet. You walked and talked with her about various things...

You: Are you sure you think you did bad on your exams?

Kasumi: Well.. I'm really sure I didn't do great..

You: Give yourself some credit. I think from the sounds of it, you just lack the self-confidence.

Kasumi: Self-confidence huh..

You: Hmm..?

Kasumi: It's nothing. Just I seem to have that kind of vibe don't I?

You: I just think you are struggling with what you want to accomplish.

Kasumi:..!

You: Yeah. I can see that you are having many internal conflicts within yourself.

Kasumi: I guess..ever since the accident I still have a lot to grow from.

You: You're talking about your sister right?

Kasumi: Y..Yes I am..! H..how did you know about Sumire's accident?

You stop in place for a moment and think. How did you know about her sister's death..? Hell you don't even know she had one. It was almost like before with Yusuke's code name, you already knew about it but somehow forgot..? You shake your head from the confusion...

You: When I was in the hospital.. I think I overheard a story about it from some nurses.. I don't know the full story but I think I know enough.

Kasumi: I..It's okay.

You: If you are sure about it. I didn't mean to bring up a bad memory.

Kasumi: No, it really is fine. I promised my sister that I will do my best no matter what.

You: There you go, that's some self-confidence if you ask me!

Kasumi: *Blushing* R..Really? You think so Senpai?