[💗] ~ Unity

⚠️Caution⚠️ this chapter will include violence. Reader discretion is advised.

" History will not repeat."

>Y/n's POV<

The day was here. The rally. Everything has been planned to the smallest detail. Every possibility taken into account. The van door slides open and I step onto the soft grass of the central park of the city. A stage was already set and food trucks were coming in setting up to sell their items. Police cars parked at the edges of the field to ensure safety.

Asgore and Toriel were already up on stage discussing with the head of the stage crew. Papyrus was at his job who brought their food truck to serve Italian cuisine. B/n was huddled with the other police officers who were going over then plans in case of emergency. Mettaton was putting up his own place for a calmest and greet.

The only ones who were not here yet was Undyne, Alphys and Frisk and Flowey who were being babysat by the monster couple.

And of course Sans, who's with me at the moment. Not for much longer as pretty soon the event will start. He walked with me to the stage. His eyes surveying the area. After everything that has happened. Today is potentially dangerous.

After I see him flinch when a passerby walked with a hammer nearby us I decide to help in easing his nerves. I grabs his hands squeezing them gently. "It's alright Sans, nothing will happen. Practically the whole police squad is here." I point in the direction of my brother. Who technically shouldn't be here since it's not his field but insisted since we're related.

Sans looks to the side, uncertain. I can't help but notice how especially handsome he looks today. Must be his new change in fashion. Comfy and baggy street wear suits him well. "i will worry regardless. if there's one thing i've learned  when things look their safest, it isn't."

"Sans, I know we've been through a lot, but try not to be too paranoid okay?"

He sighed out shakily. His mind not allowing him to calm. This is something that we will need address for him later. Right now the best I can do is to assure him. I kiss his cheek and his mouth. With a final hug we have to part as I make my way to the back of the stage. 

Toriel and Asgore greet me excited for the day. We are positive it will be a success and will bring much needed goodwill to the community. Time passed pretty quickly as more people made it to the park. Lively music, chatting and pop up tables were around. Things are looking great. I had to go around and greet people, speak to news casters, and all other forms of socializing. It was tiring but fun. The clock now hit 4, it was time for Toriel, Asgore and I to go up on the stage to address the crowd.

Asgore was up first. He went on to tell his story and basically went on and on about how amazing this event is. It was wholesome although it did drag a bit. He then went to introduce me and stood aside for me to take the microphone.

"Hello Ebbot city. Things have been hectic as of late but it is great to see that everyone is so happy to be here today. As you know Monsters have been dealing with some oppression since they have resurfaced..." My speech when on calmly. As I continued to talk about the good and bad but mainly remaining uplifting.

Then a sinking pit in my stomach formed. Like a trip wire went off. I continued the speech as I had memorized, but it didn't feel like I was saying words anymore. That feeling kept getting stronger. So I decided to use my forced mercy to detect what was going.

It was something I noticed I could do. Like a sonar to pinpoint malice. In the distance. A green dot appeared in the building in front of me. Up on the 5th floor.