[💗] ~ A video of truth

My foot impatiently tapped the floor as I waited in the police station. The place was cold with bright LED lights and devoid of color. I wonder how b/n works in this place? Time ticks with my beating heart. I hope Sans wasn't treated badly in any way.

Finally, Sans appeared being led by an officer, his hands cuffed behind his back. They were taken off once he and the officer stepped into the room.

He rubbed his wrists, with his eyes creased in discomfort. I got up and met him halfway, pulling him into a tight hug. His arms pulled me to him tightly. "sorry. . ."

"It's okay." I rubbed his shoulder and stepped back. Only to pull him by his sleeve out of the station. "But you're still in big trouble."

He didn't even argue, happily letting me lead him outside to the car. He sits down on the passenger's seat up front. I take the wheel.

" . . What exactly happened?" I ask

Sans looks away, burning anger in his eyes. "a coworker, never liked the guy, was saying some pretty shitty things today. i ignored him at first but then he started talking about you, and he started bothering me and i... lost it."

"It takes a lot more than that to rile you up, that couldn't have been it." I ask, hoping to get the right information out of him. Sans gives in, seeing no point to keep it to himself.

"He listened in on one of our phonecalls. Then later on I saw him getting into my personal stuff on my computer. Tried to blackmail me. I really did lose it at that point. Imagining people finding out about us and then target you or me for it. It scared me." His eyed shrunk in size, fretting over the situation.

"The guy did deserve it and I was worried about the blackmailing too, but you can't hurt others like this Sans, you could get in more serious trouble."

"I know, I know. I'll find a way to not blow up like that again. So the whole explanation is tonight, do we know how? I'm guessing by video?"

I gripped the steering wheel. "Yes. I talked to Mettaton. He wants to help us out since he has more experience filming and editing."

"okay."

The ride home was quiet, yet tense. We were both nervous and scared. Sans played with the window switch or would switch the music every few seconds not liking what was on the radio. He finally gave up and left it on a jazz song.

•••☆•••

Time was a blur, after we got home, Mettaton came over to create the video, a quick script was created and before I knew it I was on camera again. This time, not alone.

Sans and I took turns telling our story. Our aim is to try to appeal to their emotions. Be as open as possible but still remain closed off. Sans took the time to tell his side, his words took me by surprise. He was never one to be expressive through language but this time I truly got an idea of how much he truly cared about me.

"i remember when i was trapped questioning the morality of my feelings. no one said it was taboo, yet it felt like it was. when i came to my conclusion, i realize that race has no reason to stop you. i fell in love with a human, and i won't let anyone deter my otherwise."

I spoke carefully too, scared to say something wrong and then have everyone come after me, accuse me of something, contradict me. I spoke from the heart, but I did feel more cautious than I was the last time.

"I want this to be our declaration of accost. We want peace and acceptance, not only for us bit for others who are alike. Yet, if we don't receive it, do know we will not bow, we will defend for ourselves until it pacifies. Until we can love without fear."