[💗] ~ Who Framed Sans the Skeleton

⚠️Caution!⚠️ The following chapter will contain depictions of racism and hateful words. Reader discretion is advised.

_______________________________________

》Y/n's POV《

I entered through the back entrance. The front is overcrowded with people. I walk in and take off my raincoat. Placing the umbrella to the side, and fix up my clothes. It had started raining randomly today.

My boss comes up, gruff as ever. He shoves a packet of documents to my chest. "Read these over. It's everything you need to say for things to go right. Don't. Go. Off. The. Script. Undertood?"

I nod not at all content with this. "Good, you are on in 10." He walks away.

I make it to a seat on the side and fix up my appearance. From head to toe, I had decorated myself to look the most sophisticated possible. Nothing about my appearance can show any sort of vulnerability.

I rubbed my brow to fix its shape while staring at my pocket mirror. Closing it shut my attention turns to the script. I skim through it. The beginning seems reasonable enough.

Bringing up the development of ongoing projects, success, and incoming adversities. The beginning portion glosses over the scandal. The reason I believe is to be building the narrative that they don't phase me.

It's when it begins to address the incoming scandal that things get bad. "I liked to clear up why you may see the images to be intimate in the romantic occasion. That is because it was to one side. Mettaton had confessed to me that night and asked to be in a relationship. I declined, not feeling the same. . . I was uncomfortable throughout the night -" I stopped there throwing the packet to the floor.

They're making me use Mettaton as a scapegoat!? No, I can't do that. . . Yet my mind stops me from completely refusing. There is so much at stake.

I had to choose between framing my best friend or losing my position as the ambassador.

"Ms. L/n time to go live." A crew member comes up to me. I thank them and make my way over to the curtain. The other side shut off of view.

Where there were reporters waiting to hear me slip and trample me with their words. And a teleprompter with paragraphs full of lies.

"Now we'd like to welcome Ambassador Y/n L/n."

I walk through the curtain, not with a crowd of cheers, but many protests and profanities.

The crowd was silenced, and the telecom turned on, showing my first few words.

"Good evening Ebbot city, the country and potentially to the world. Before we get to the core of this conference, there are a few topics I'd like to cover." My words melted with the script to the point that I couldn't tell if my words were my own thoughts or the screen.

"Firstly, human-monster altercations have dwindled in number to now 5 in every week, a record low. That is the statistics of it, but to elaborate beyond it, it is good and bright to see how acceptance and respect have flourished in our communities."

"On the off side from the ESSA, Ebbot Studies of Social Affairs, suble segregation has been increasing much more in the most few weeks compared to before monsters were allowed to enter certain areas."

"I value creating and maintaining peace in our society, and a few projects have been underway to mediate the problem. I'd like to eagerly announce that we will be holding our first ever rally this coming 28th of September. For the cause of creating human-monster friendships that can last lifetimes."