[💗] Things Are Looking Bright

⚠️This chapter includes themes of PTSD attacks, mental and emotional abuse, reader discretion is advised. Keep in mind that some of this may be inaccurate.⚠️

Remember this symbol ⚠️means its happening while this one ✅️ means you are safe to read past if you wish to skip. Will come with a censored summary so you don't feel lost.
_______________________________________

Arc #2 [💗] : Unity

》Y/n's POV

More than a month has passed now. Things are a bit calmer since many things have settled.

To begin with, a good majority of human kind has slowly become accustomed to monsters existing and living on the surface. Yet, many are not. Scared, being one main reason. Signs saying, monsters are not allowed and things like that have started popping up.

I've been working along with others to see if we can fix that but, with the whole right to refuse service to anyone thing it is a bit difficult because people don't actually know how it applies. Unfortunately some discrimination is allowed like dress codes, but one can't refuse service to a whole group of people if it is seen as discriminatory. So yeah it's really just a matter of sending out the message so that owners to places are aware of what they are doing is not exactly legal.

Speaking of what I've been doing, my job as ambassador while a lot of work and sometimes frustrating, has still been fun. There was a case recently that a monster got involved in. It was a fight but because it was the first of its kind it got big in publicity. Humans claimed the monster started it and the monster claimed the opposite. Next thing we knew this went to court and because no lawyer wanted to represent the monster, a crash course and a bit of persuading later I was able to defend for them.

The outcome of the trial? Mopped the flow with the prosecuters.

Monsters have earned more rights now. Immediately, the basic rights were given. Things like right to own property, getting a license and getting a job took a little longer. But that's been set and done. Now monsters have begun moving in and around the city and beyond.

The transition of g to the currency that is used in the surface has also been done. Turns out g is gold. Pure. Solid. Gold. Banks had a field day with that one. Monsters soon fell under two categories after the transition. Now they are either well off, or rich. With the king and Mettaton surprisingly being at the top.

Monsters who had a lot of money began to follow the idea of giving a large portion away to those who needed it. They began donating, joining associations, and programs to causes they were passionate about. This was a choice they made on their own and in turn, it seemed to give a new light to humans who were skeptical about them.

So that leads me to where everyone in the group is at.

Almost all of us had to take a test of some sort to show where we stood in the realm of education. My results were good in English, history and some science, but the majority of science and all of math was pretty bad. (Sans made fun of me for that one.) In the end though I didn't have to go to college since my career would now center with law, political and social stuff. My sentence: law school on the side lines.

Speaking of Sans I got to make fun of him for a bit as well. Here's what happened: He took that test that we all took and aced nearly everything except history. He did it all casually too apparently, lazied around until the last minute and kept distracting others. They were about to send him to college when Sans claimed that he infact already had a PH.D.