Six

Most of my day had been spent locked away in my room. People had come by to check on me but I wouldn't even answer, I just pretended I was asleep. It was hard to ignore Nat and Clint when they came by but I just didn't feel like talking yet, not to mention my face had only gotten worse overnight.

Soft knocking came from my door and I rolled my eyes, I guess I couldn't ignore them all day or they'd break the door down to check on me.

"Alex?" Bucky's voice asked from the other side of the door.

I got up and walked towards the door leaning on the back of it with a soft thump letting him know I was there, I heard the wall next to the door make a similar echo from the hall.

"I know you don't want to come out or talk, I just wanted to know if you'd at least eat something."

I'd considered ordering in but I knew that no one would bring it to me unless they got to see me, I didn't exactly trust that Bucky would be any different.

"You gonna con me in to coming out of here if I say yes?" I asked.

His chuckle echoed through the hall and through to my room, I leaned my head back against the door as I waited for him to answer.

"Is there a reason you don't want to see anyone? I think I'm the first person you've spoken to all day." 

"I just don't." I sighed.

"Okay, I get it. So what food did you want?" He asked.

"There's a hotdog stand about two blocks away, been really feeling that." 

"Should've known you were going to make me walk somewhere. How many do you want?" He laughed.

"Two please, relish, ketchup and mustard please."

"Okay, I'll be back." He said before his footsteps left the hall. 

I pulled my phone out and looked over all the texts I'd gotten, Nat had been trying to call and text since yesterday as well as Clint while Steve had messaged checking in but nothing too crazy like the others. 

I opened a text to Bucky and started typing.

'Hey, thanks for going to get me food. Been hungry for a while, just didn't want to ask anyone to grab something. Really appreciate it. - Alex'

'It's fine, I get it. Though I don't know why I'm doing the favor when you shot me three times last night.. - Bucky'

'Crap, sorry about that. I didn't realise Nat would tell you. - Alex'

'Yeah, I came to a few hours later and she explained you were working the mission for Tony. Didn't realise you were a double agent too. - Bucky' 

'I'm not, Fury wouldn't put me back on the job after you took me down that night and I didn't want to leave the job unfinished. I took matters into my own hands and caught the suspect, that's all that matters. - Alex'

'Yes, then you proceeded to take me out in too. Was that part of the plan or do you really not like me THAT much? - Bucky'

'I just didn't want you killing Gray, I saw the grip you had on him. - Alex'

He stopped replying and I took the chance to sneak out into the kitchen for a drink, Steve left earlier thankfully so no one was home. 

 I made my way out from the hall carefully listening out for anyone, it seemed like I was in the clear thankfully. The fridge was stocked with both soda and beer in amongst the food, I grabbed myself a beer since it was already four in the afternoon and popped the cap off before downing as much as I could.