Five

~Earlier That Day~

Tony called me to his floor not long after I got back, I was exhausted and honestly just wanted a nap but I guess you come to the kings call when he pays your rent.

"Tony?!" I called out as I walked through the first lounge area.

"Alex!" I heard Morgan shout.

She rushed out from one of the halls and ran at me, I laughed as she jumped on me. My side ached a little but I didn't mind, she was so energetic and happy I just couldn't stifle that.

"There you are, took you guys long enough to get back." Tony said walking out of the same hall with a mug in his hand.

"Sorry, I don't think I could've pulled two sixteen hour journeys one after another." I laughed as Morgan let go of me.

"You drove for sixteen hours straight?" She asked looking up at me.

"Yeah, I don't recommend it." I giggled as I patted her head.

For a six year old she was really getting tall, either that or I was just very short..

"Morgan, your mom asked you to clean your room, remember?" Tony said lifting his brow at her.

"I know, see you Alex." She smiled before walking back to the hall.

"What do you need?" I asked once she was out of earshot.

"There's something going on in my tower and I'm not a part of it, Fury won't tell me what's happening even after the other night." He huffed as we walked to the dining table.

"You want me to do what exactly?" I asked.

"I want you to tell me what's going on, I also want you to keep me in the loop so I can take my own precautions." He said in a serious tone.

"So, you're asking me to go behind Fury after he told me I couldn't continue on this mission?"

"Yes, that's exactly what I asked isn't it?" He smirked.

"That's a lot to ask." I sighed.

"I'll pay you, I know you lost money off that mission the other night." 

"How much we talking?"

"Double what Fury was going to pay you." He offered.

"Not enough." 

"Money is not an issue for me. How about four times what Fury offered you? On the terms that you can tell me what's going on as well as help me deal with it." He said pulling his phone out of his pocket.

"You've got a deal, but I'll need a few things to help me." I said pulling my phone out and sitting it on the table.

"What do you need?"

"Full access to your lab on the top floor as well as Banner's personal lab and some weapons as I still haven't been cleared for my guns after the arrest. Also I'll need some micro body microphones if you have any, two preferably." I said opening my phone and clicking my bank app and pushing my phone to him.

"You've got a deal, but we work together on this, okay? No being some double agent like Romanoff." He said with a playful scowl.

"You mean like the double agent I'll be from agreeing to do this for you?" I smirked.

"You really are a Barton, though with the way you act I'd think you and Nat were sisters." He laughed as he started transferring me the money.

"You're thinking of Yelena, I'm just Nat's work wife." I giggled.