Don't date

No one's pov...

As the dark skinned walked inside of the dining room where everyone was eating everyone slowly took their attentions off their food and slowly looked at Imani who was wrapped in the biggest blanket they had in the house....well...directly from the place where she was supposed to sleep. The atmosphere was a little awkward at first and it was a little silent as well. Everyone inside of the dining room had confused expressions on their faces. It was quite obvious on what they were secretly asking. Using a blanket at the dining table? Really? Imani knew wearing a blanket at the dining table was lower than low but she cared about what people thought about here, especially with the current situation she has now. The only way to help her feel comfortable is if they all just leave her be and pretend that she's not wearing a blanket that they used to prepare the bed in her room with. As she stepped foot inside of the dining area Hinata softly sighed with a smile on her face as she stood up from the table and walked towards her.

" It's about time you showed up," she softly said as she helped her to her seat. " We've been waiting for you," she finished as she reached her seat. Giving Hinata a small look she softly said. " Um....ok...but get your hands off of me...you're making nervous," she said as she gently pushed her hands off of her shoulders. It was true...putting her hands on her just to escort to a place like a seat did indeed make her nervous because when it came to being escorted from one place to another it usually involved experiments. She couldn't really fall back to what type of experiments they were currently working on but when she wakes up and feels a little woozy she would prefer not to know what they've been doing. All she knows is  when it comes to one of Amado's experiments the first thing she'll be met with is a dark lab and a syringe waiting to meet her arms. After brushing Hinata's and off her shoulder she slowly sat down in between Boruto and Kawaki and softly sighed, shutting her eyes a little, wanting nothing more than for everyone to stop looking at her like she was the ward of the state.

After she sat down she looked at the bowl of food that was in front of her. In her mind it wasn't like seafood, but it was close enough. As she emotionlessly stared at the food for a moment she looked to the side of the bowl to see the two chopsticks laying motionlessly on the table. Great not those again. It was bad enough she dropped not one but two full chopsticks on the floor inside of the an establishment. But since she was sitting on her knees currently there will be no need for scooting her chair back and bending over or squatting just to get her chopsticks from the floor. If she so happen to drop a chopstick she could just easily pick it back up and go right back to eating. Of course she's going to hold the chopsticks wrong, especially since she's a beginner but with a little more time and practice she could pull it off in no time.

A few minutes have passed by and Imani still hasn't eaten anything from her bowl. She could tell from the serious side eye she was getting from Kawaki she have noticed that he was a little skeptical about the food as well. " Aren't you going to eat anything?," Kawaki asked as she grabbed his chopsticks. Looking back at the food she looked back at Kawaki and shrugged her shoulders. " Mi nuh kno," she said. " Mi think there's something in here. It has a funny smell and all...i'm really used to it," she said as she looked back at the bowl. As she continued to look at the bowl she felt a small tap on her shoulder, but she didn't bother taking her eyes off of the food yet. " Hey...aren't you going to eat anything?," Boruto asked her. Tensing up softly she slowly turned her head to look at Boruto through her thick head of hair and slowly looked back at the food and slightly tilted her head a little. " Mi nuh kno : I don't know," she silently said as she slowly picked up the bowl and held it towards her nose so she can have the opportunity to smell out any poison that could be placed inside of bowl. 

" Huh?," Boruto asked in confusion as he looked at her in confusion. " What is this?," Imani asked, slightly shoving the bowl in front of his face. Eyes widening a little they were soon met with a soft chuckle from Naruto as he nervously scratched the back of his head. " Um..i'm pretty sure you've haven't really had anything like this before," he softly explained. " Um it's Nabeyaki Udon," he says. " Huh?," she asked a she gently tilted her head to the side.  " Is the food not to your liking?," Hinata asked, sort of giving her a worried look. Afterwards she looked back at the food and scrunched up her nose a little bit. " It poisoned?," she asked in confusion. " I beg your pardon?," Hinata softly asked, all eyes now on her. " Yuh hear mi," she said, grabbing her chopsticks as she held the food in Boruto's face. " It poisoned?," she asked in confusion. Eyes still a little widened he gave her a nervous look, wishing his dad could help him right now.

But Imani felt like she should know better. Looking from the crowd Boruto softly laughed at her question a little. It was obvious that words wouldn't stop her from dying from toxins, otherwise why else would they even bother giving her food she have never seen before? So the only way to fix this is by having a dumbass eat it so if she dies at least he goes down with her. " It's not poisoned, we all got it from the same bowl," he said. " You have nothing to worry about, my moms cooking is awesome," he said as she picked up a small portion of food with his chopsticks and once again started eating. Giving him an emotionless stare she furrowed her eyebrows and looked back at her bowl of food " Is that so?," she asked." Yep," he quickly asked. " Positive?," she asked, sounding a little bit enthusiastic. " 100%," he said, almost a mouth food. And with a slightly sinister smile on her face she looked at the bowl and softly sighed. " Well inna dat case," she said as she grabbed her chopsticks and tried to pick up the food the best way she could and held it towards Boruto's lips. " Nyam it," she said. Noticing from the atmosphere Boruto face turned bright pink, feeling his face burn up. Was he really about to be force fed by a girl? As soon as she asked...no....told him to eat it Naruto coughed on the food he was currently eating, immediately standing up from the table so he could leaved Boruto in the middle of the awkward moment. 

" Uhh....i got to...go...do something," Naruto said before completely leaving the dining room. " Do you need any help?," Hinata asked, standing up from the table, following her husband out of the dining room, only leaving Kawaki, Himawari, Boruto, and Imani alone. As the food was held towards his lips he asked " W-what?," before she gave him an angry look. " Yuh hear mi," she said, halfway angry. " Now hurry up and nyam ( eat) it," she said, eyes squinting angrily at him. " Mi nuh get all day," she said earning a nervous chuckle from him. " I wish i knew what you were saying right now," he said as the steam started to form. As she continued to hold the food towards his mouth Himawari slowly looked from Boruto to Imani, wanting to know what's going to happen next. It was tensely silent until Himawari happily giggled at his reaction. " She must like you big brother," she happily said, giving him a soft, teasingly look.

" WAHHH!" Boruto completely shouted off guard, face turned pink from embarrassment. As he gave her an angry looked Imani kept her glare as he tried to reason with his sister. " You must be nervous," she happily teased. " What? NO i'm not nervous.....i'm not nervous at all," he said. " I get it, it's ok to be scared," she said. " Himawari i keep telling you...i am not....Nervous-," before he could finish his sentence Imani slowly became irritated. So while being caught off guard she shoved a rice cake in his mouth, making him cough uncontrollably. " Big brother!," Himawari said as she stood up from the table as he continued to try to cough it out of his system. From the way he is currently coughing she looked back at the food and at Kawaki he was slowly eating, raising his eyebrow at her while giving her a bored look. " Eat?," she asked, earning a small shoulder shrug. " Not poisoned," he finished before standing up from the table and leaving all three of them alone to figure it out.

Using her chopsticks to the best of her abilities she grabbed a little bit of food and started eating. The food might be different but the cooking was spot on. Softly smiling at the food she softly said " Mmm nuh bad," she said, ignoring a certain someone's coughing in the background.

As Hinata entered the dining room to help Boruto Naruto was standing outside pinching the bridge of his nose in disappointed. If he had of known that this would happen he would've stayed. I guess the only advice he could give to Boruto was two words....

Don't date....

Alright that's all folks ^ w ^

Hope to you guys like, comment, and i'll see you guy's next time :3