How it all started...

Imani  pov...

In the little town that was hidden far away from the leaf village that used to be once called my home i was surrounded by many people who was both shocked yet confused to see a mysterious girl like me enter their location uninvited. As much as it feels to be happy back home where i grew up over the last couple of years  i knew for sure it all turned for the worse. Right now i am standing in front of a grave that has" Nia Ali" written on it, along with the time she was born towards the time she passed. Just by remembering this woman who i loved ever so dearly with all of my broken heart i would've never understand why she, out of all people would be the one who would cause me this much pain in my bruised soul. I knew i wanted to move on...i really did...but something or....i don't know....someone broke inside of my head and screamed no...do not forget her...for she loved you so much.

 The voice continued to explained to me how much, throughout the past few years of my life how she have fed me, clothed me, washed me, braided my hair, and would always put my needs before hers. As the very voice continued to speak to me tears started to slowly burn in my eyes, making me slowly fall down on my knees as my body started to feel limp and weak. At that very young age i didn't know why she would do it....i just really didn't understand why she would give me away....we were so happy...no...we were more than happy....we were two birds who survived one stone....we were two peas in one pot...no...we were more than that and the unconditional love she have given me for the past couple of years of my life made the day where all the unmentioned memories of her came back to me, causing me to remember the very moment my life have changed for the worse...

flashback 6 years ago...

" Imani...IMANI...wake up sweety," my mom said as she softly shaked me until i was finally up. As i woke up from my deep sleep i yawned a little, rubbing my eyes until i finally received my full vision. As i gotten a clearer vision i looked at my mom's hardened face as her eyes was filled with somewhat regret and sorrow. Noticing how sad my mom looked i scooted up a little more as i furrowed my eyebrows with concern. " Mommy...what's wrong?," i asked, causing her to softly cry onto my blankets. " I'm sorry...i didn't want to-," mom softly said, causing me to gently rub her back in order to comfort her.

As she continued to softly cry i continued to rub her back only for my hand to be softly grabbed, causing me to look her in her sore eyes. " Imani...you know i love you...right?," mom asked, causing me to furrow my eyebrows even more. " Mommy...i know you love you me and you did right by me so never forget that," i said, causing her to give me a soft smile. " Oh, Imani," mom softly said as she softly hid her face on my hand, softly sobbing as she wetten my hand with her hot tears. As she softly cried i once again continued to rub her back in order to give her the best comfort she needed as of right now.  " Shhh don't cry mommy, everything will get better, i promise," i softly said, causing her to cry a little harder. " I wish it would....i'd give more than anything to give you the life that you deserve," she said as she clenched onto my hand a little tighter so she wouldn't actually hurt my hand. In response i gave my mother a soft expression and shook my head in understandment. " Mom it's going to be ok," i softly said, causing her to shake her head in disagreement. " No....it shouldn't have to come down to this," she said as she took a deep breath and quieted her sobs a little. As a second of her soft sobs have passed by she looked back at me and gently ruffled her soft hands through my braids she gave me for protection. " -And...you know that i will always love you...right?," mom asked, causing me to shake my head. " Of course i know you will always love me...even when we don't have a lot of money to live by," i said, causing mom smile to slowly lower on her face, giving me a small frown.

" A-and you know that i will always be with you...right?," mom asked, causing me to shake my head in agreement. " Yes and i will always be with you," i said, giving her a soft hug. " I'm sorry i wasn't able to get enough money for the hospital but i promise to do better next time," i said, causing her to shake her head in disagreement. " Imani....i have something to give you," she said, causing my eyes to light up a little. " You do?," i asked as i tilted my head to the side in confusion. In response my mom stood up and walked a little closer to me as she digged her pocket to reveal a golden necklace with the word " My daughter" written on it. As i looked at it my mom gave me a soft smile and bent down towards me in order for me to take the present that has been passed down in the family for centuries. " Do you know what this is?," she asked, causing me to shake my head in agreement. " That's grandma's necklace," i pointed, causing another tear to roll down her eye. " That's right Imani," she said, wrapping the necklace around my neck.