No one is going to judge you

Imani's pov...

It has taken 5 minutes for me to wash off and it took even longer since i didn't want to get my hair wet because unfortunately 4c hair has a price to pay, especially after it has been touched with water. Once the last soap suds was released from my body i've turned the hot water off, wrapped myself in a light pink colored towel and stepped out after a few minutes of drying off. The floor was a little cold but easier to manage. As i took a few steps towards the mirror i looked at the mirror to quickly noticed that it was a little foggy. So i wiped the fog from the mirror and just took a few moments to look at myself.

As i looked at myself in the mirror  i moved my hair out of the way a little bit so no powder on anything related would cling to it. So of course i've grabbed a few items that i'll need to finish my routine and that's just by using powder as well. Once i finished my routine i put i grabbed the nightgown and decided to get dressed. As i was getting dressed i quickly learned to realize that this might not work for me.

The size of the gown did seem to fit me but it's not how it is while wearing it, it's about how it looks while you're wearing it. I've noticed i had a few stretch marks on my body, but none of them or noticeable unless you look really close to the skin. So even though the night gown was comfortable that did not stop it from completely showing my figure.

" Dammit," i softly said under my breath, feeling a little too embarrassed to even think about walking out of the bathroom...i still feel exposed. And with my hair out it could get annoying if you have hair in your eyes all the time, wish they had a head wrap or something, that would be highly appreciated.

A few minutes have passed by until i've heard a small knock on the door. " Imani, are you ok in there?," the same woman asked from before. Not seeming to answer her question she twisted the door open, eyes covered just incase i still wasn't dressed.  As i looked at her i folded my arms in anger, does privacy mean nothing to her? After she barged into the room she uncovered her eyes and gave me a wide expression.

I guess by the way how surprised she looked she softly giggled and closed the door behind her.  " How are you doing, are you comfortable?," she asked as she gently tugged at my sleeve, trying to fix my collar. Giving her a pouty look like a 5 year old and gently pushed her hand off my shoulder. " Are you kidding?," i softly asked. " I mean...look at me. Does this not bother you?," i asked, stepping back so she can get the picture.

As she stared at me she softly giggled even more standing in her firm position as she folded her arms and closed her eyes softly. " I believe you look amazing," she said. " Don't patronize me, just tell me the truth," i said. " Mi mean yuh wudda be comfortable inna sup'm like this: I mean would you be comfortable in something like this?," i asked, slightly pulling the dressed down to cover my shin area. As she stood there, hearing me silently rant and rave about my insecurities she softly sighed and patted my shoulder.

" Listen...no one here will judge you," she said. " Mi sure yuh wudda sey nuhting by now: I'm sure you'd say anything by now," i said, earning a small " Huh?," from her in confusion. " Nevermind," i said," crossing my arms a little.  " Look," she said calmly, turning me towards the mirror. " Every kid has to grow up sometime," she said. " And of course i used to be insecure about my body too, but any child like you would bump into puberty sooner or later" she said, as she caressed my hair again. " But look at me," I said as i gave her an angry look. "This is not child sized hips," i said as i put my hands on my hips. " And this is no child sized chest, and does this look like a child face to you? My face is chubby like a chubby baby, and my arms looks like they are about to die out at any moment," said i said swung my arms up in the air. "This is literally the definition of lard" i said, covering my eyes. " Why would you even give me something like this in the first place?," i asked. " This is the most embarrassing nightgown i have ever had," i said, feeling almost hot tears forming in my eyes. 

" Don't get yourself worked up over it," she said as she continued to roam her fingers in my afro. " The less you worry about it the more comfortable you are," she said as she opened the door towards our entrance. " Now come along, i'm sure you're hungry by now," she reassured. " Well...not really...i just had ramen a half hour ago," i said as i stood in a thinking position. " I mean why would i eat again? Aren't people supposed to eat one time a day?," i asked in confusion.

" Who told you that?," she asked, tilting her head in confusion. " Ummm-," " People are supposed to eat three times a day and that includes breakfast, lunch, and dinner," she explained furrowing her eyebrows. " Who told you that?," i asked in confusion, earning a small giggle from her as she gently held on to my hand. " My mother told me when she was teaching me how to cook when i was your age," she said. 

Noticing what her little game was i gently pulled my arm back in fear of judgement. " Umm i don't think that's a good idea, i'm not hungry anyway," i said as i kept pulling back. " I'm sure by the time you get there you'll change your mind for sure," she enthusiastically said. " Bet i wont," i finished as i pulled my arm back.

" Listen sweetheart, no one is going to judge you," she said as she slightly struggled to pull me out of the bathroom. " I don't want to come out of the bathroom, at least give me some time," said as i pulled my arm back, almost getting irritated. Gently letting go of my hand the sound of loud footsteps ran towards our location to reveal the same strong one with an enthusiastic smile on her face. " O Nechan," she happily said as she ran into the bathroom and wrapped me up in a tight hug once again.

" Come eat with us, the food is amazing," Himawari said giving me puppy dog eyes. " B-but-," i wanted to protest but with her begging and pleading with me to come into the dining room. " Pleeeeeeeeaaaaaassssseeeee?," she asked as she gently pulled on the nightgown i was currently wearing. Sighing in defeat i slightly groaned and rubbed my head in frustration. 

" Fine, Mi wi come," i said, earning a " Yay" from Hima as i helped her jump on my back. Noticing from the small smile on the lady's face i had a feeling this is was sort of planned but at the same time it wasn't.  Before she could walk away i quickly called out to her. In response she turned towards me and gave me a small smile.

" Yes?," she asked. " Do you have a headwrap?," i asked. Furrowing her eyebrows in confusion she blinked a few times before she slightly bit her lip and shrugged her shoulders. " Um...n-no," she said. " Why do you ask?," she asked as she looked me dead in the eye. In response i gently shrugged my shoulder and said " Nevermind, don't worry about it," and cut the bathroom lights off before i carried Himawari out of the bathroom as she kept playing in my hair.

Like seriously what is wrong with these people and wanting to touch my hair? Is it that soft and fluffy? Because my hair went years without proper care. " You're hair is very soft O nechan," she said i felt her fingers run through my hair. " Don't get comfortable, this might be the last time you get to touch it so make the most out of it," she softly said even though i had a small smile on my face. 

Afterwards i gently helped her land on her feet and looked at her in response. " Hima can you give me a few minutes? I need to do something real quick," i said. " And will you come back?," she asked with a curious expression. As much as i wanted to say no her puppy dog eyes was sort of killing me so i had no choice but to say yes. " Yes, i will  be back soon," i said. " Just give me a few minutes," i finished. In response she happily said " Ok," and ran into the dining room where everyone was at. Me on the other hand walked upstairs where my supposed room was and started looking for something, anything to wrap around my shoulder.

Of course i wasn't comfortable, no where near comfortable in this nightgown yet. As i searched through the room, including the closet i suddenly stopped and went to my bed, snatched the blanket off and wrapped it around my shoulders, helping me feel a little safer. Afterwards i walked down the stairs and sighed a little. " Alright," i said to myself. " Here goes nothing," i said as i entered the dining room with the blankets wrapped around my shoulders.

Alright that's all for today! I hope you like, comment, and i'll write to you guy's later

see ya :3