YOU'RE ALL LYING!!!

Imani's pov...

9:43 at night...

It has been 5 minutes since i've been walking away from my old life. As i took further baby steps i watched as the back of the dark cloak swing freely from behind the mysterious man who continued to walk in front of me. Even though i didn't really like him all that much i guess wherever he is going to be taking me i could at least get some answers out him...more or less. As the trail continued i looked at the dark cloak as it continued to move freely across the dust. As i looked at the cloak i sighed a little and just like any other 8 year old with a curious mind like mine i've done what any kid my age would do, and that's by asking as many questions as possible, rather they become annoyed or not.  I  really wasn't sure if asking questions would technically help me or solve my case by all means, but at such a young age it doesn't really matter how much questions you ask, just as long as you are getting the answers you seek. As the atmosphere have slowly became a little thick the man in front have quickly noticed how eager i was to ask him about this whole....establishment. " I know you want to ask me where you are going and who i am," he gently said. " And i can assure you that you have nothing to worry about," he explained.  " When your mother have given you to me i have promised her that i would take care of you. I promised her that i would feed you, clothe, and give you those....things you like to wear so much," he explained, causing me to gently pout in response.

 "-And i am a man of my word. And just like all my children that i hold dearly to my heart i hope you are able to consider me as your guardian," he finished, causing me to gently roll my eyes in annoyance. I didn't care all that much about him being nor wanting to be my guardian. My mom could've told him to be a million things but my one parent....my one TRUE guardian is the one who have given me up 5 MINUTE'S AGO! So instead of feeding into his ego i dodged his offer and softly sighed in a shaky breath. " Their called braids," I gently said. " It's apart of our culture," i explained, receiving no answer. As our conversation went back to silence another question bubbled up inside my head,making it to where i couldn't help but ask another question." Who you? Wah yuh name?," i asked, and yet received no answer. 

The silence getting the best of me my legs started to shake a little, not knowing if it's from the cold or how secretly terrified i was of him. As the trail have gotten more bolder and the atmosphere started to slowly become a choke hole i anxiously checked my surroundings, hoping that there's no deadly creature lurking around our location...but then again...we are in the middle of a forest so there could be anything wild out here. The more i looked around the more i seemed to worry and the more i seemed to worry is the more anxious i became. Just by thinking of living with a stranger....my mother must of really have lost her mind.  My mommy have always told me to get to know new people around town, and i have tried to obey her every command, i really REALLY did. But the problem with her order is the fact that she wants me to just go over to some random stranger and say "how do you do, neighbor?," . At first i thought nothing of it and would just be the open minded kid everyone know and loves just by welcoming and greeting new people who came to our village, but as time passed it have come down to where the older i got the more shy i became, so it was hard for me to randomly approach a newcomer and walk them around town....especially when you're terrified of them and what they are secretly capable of. 

And since my anxiety have worsened over the past couple of years it was best that i stopped talking to foreign people and just help my mom with the medical bills at the beauty salon. I never complained about the job because it paid really good amount of money, even though in other places like the hidden leaf or japan or even somewhere in the U.K there was no way anyone from where they live would be happy with how much money they would receive. But here in a small town of Mandeville that was all me and my mother could get. And besides that i just loved the hairstyles my mother would do. Her speciality was always braids. She was addicted to braids, in fact she was so addicted she even braided her own yearn strings to create one new hairstyle. So yes my mother is well known for braids, passers in our village who are also my mother's friends would stop by sometime and get their long, thick hair done. And every moment i would enjoy watching her do their braids,sometimes i would skip out on playing in the sun and just be there to study every single technique my mommy would come up with.