I don't want Desmond in this house, I don't want him anywhere near me! I'll kill him, I'll make him wear his intestines as a party hat!

Jett and Wyatt whisper something to each other, but the loud ringing in my ears cover their words.

My hands cover my ears to make the loud screech stop. The screech somehow gets louder, almost deafening.

Nik and Brina burst back through the door, yelling at Jett and Wyatt who're probably defending themselves over nothing.

The erratic wail of the high pitched noise wraps around my brain, causing pain to cause pins and needles to stab me from the inside out. I try to open my eyes, but all I see is a grey hue, the color in my vision has disappeared and my vision is kind of fuzzy.

Brina's mouth moves as she looks directly at me with a scalpel in her hand. I have no idea what she's saying, but all I can feel next is a sharp blade slowly splitting the underside of my foot.

I can't tell if any noise comes out with my screams, all I can hear is the painfully loud ring in my ears.

Black splotches cover my vision, robbing me of the sight of seeing them.

-Hours later-

My eyes water as I open them, the intrusion of light slightly blinding me.

"She's waking up." I hear Brina say softly from afar.

She treks into my line of sight, "hey," she smiles, "look who's finally awake."

The familiar feeling of being hit by a truck courses through my body. My arms and legs feel like they've been contorted, snapped into pieces small enough to fit inside a box. My head is thumping, I think I can feel my blood circulating throughout my brain. Don't even get me started on my feet, those hurt the most.

I notice the guys dart into the room, Nik immediately irks me.

"You were going to let him into our home." I rasp, trying to sound pissed but it probably comes out strangled and pitiful.

"Who, love?" He asks, clearly confused.

Who? Who?!

"Des-mond." I cough out. It feels like I haven't had a sip of water in days.

"I'm going to get her food and something to drink." Wyatt states, leaving my bedroom.

My bedroom.

It seems like forever since I've been in here. The memories of laying in this bed with Poppy, having sleepovers in each others rooms still hurt.

"I need you to hear me when I say this," Nik says softly, sitting on the edge of my bed, "I'd never, ever, let a hunter into this house. I would never bring a threat into this home, our home."

"We just needed to get you worked up, baby. We're sorry." Jett adds with his quiet but serious tone.

Well now I just feel stupid. How could I ever think they'd allow him in here? Why was I stupid enough to believe they even had his contact information?

"I'm sorry." I mope. Feeling my feelings strongly, just as they are meant to be felt.

"Can I heal you?" Nik asks, looking at my feet.

I move my foot, ignoring the agony that shoots up my leg to see a long, gnarly cut starting from my heel and ending just under my pink painted toes. The paint is all cracked and peeling, but I haven't been able to have enough mental strength to paint my nails since Poppy passed.

I nod, remembering that him healing me made me feel better a few days ago. Not one-hundred percent better, but good enough to at least have the will to live.

His teeth scratch his hand, drawing blood into a small pool. He lathers his blood on the pulsating cut. It's weird how it feels like icing a pulled muscle, immediate relief but without the pain coming back.

Nik's magically healing blood doesn't quench my thirst though. My throat still feels raw and irritated, like strep.

"Did...did it work?" I ask the dreaded question.

I don't think it worked.

Brina and Jett shake their heads at the same time.

"We will figure something else out. Don't worry, baby." Jett tries to keep me optimistic, putting positive thoughts in my head. I just hope it's not false hope.

"Since you've been asleep, I already have a new lead on what to do." Brina quirks.

My eyebrows raise in surprise, "how long have I been asleep for?"

Nik's tongue swipes his lips, "four days."

Four whole days? I've lost 4 whole freaking days of my life all because of this Vurthron. Who is still apart of me might I add!

Wyatt walks in with a wooden tray, "grilled cheese, tater tots, and some apple sauce."

I smile seeing how he whipped up my favorite for me, grilled cheese and he didn't even forget the water!

As soon as the tray hits my lap, I gulp down the water. A sigh of relief leaves my mouth after my throat gets moisturized after four days of a whole bunch of nothing.

"I love you guys." I say as I chew on a large bite of my grilled cheese.

Without missing a beat, they all say they love me back simultaneously. Well, minus Brina. She just smiles at our exchange of words. She probably finds it goofy how a grilled cheese gets me to profess my feelings but I refuse to be ashamed.

Jett slides in my bed behind me, letting my back rest against his front while Nik stays put at the side of my bed, rubbing my foot that he healed while I eat and Wyatt lays next to me on his side so he can watch me eat. I offer him a bite, but he doesn't take it for some reason.

Oh well, more for me.

Thank you all for reading! Please remember to vote, comment, and follow!

If you haven't seen it yet, I  posted a sneak peak of the next book coming out on Instagram! The link is in my bio!