Chapter 14

Wyatt's POV

I hear Jett tell us what's going on from the office as I watch cartoons with Zoey, pulling her closer as it's confirmed that I'm right.

We need to work this out now, not when she leaves, hell, I don't even feel comfortable with her leaving our sight now.

More vampires than us are around and the only person I can think of it being is Jack. He's followed us before, so I wouldn't put it past him to find us again.

"Oh, I'm so sorry." One of our maids stops in the archway of the living room, stunned to see a woman with us.

Zoey's eyes drift from her to the TV then back at her.

The maid stammers out of the room and starts walking towards her quarters.

"Who was that?" She looks to Nik for answers.

He scratches his jaw, "a maid."

"I should've known you guys had maids living in this kind of luxury." She giggles, seemingly okay with it.

She sits up and stretches her arms over her head, making her shirt lift slightly, showing off a small section of her stomach. As soon as she notices, she pulls down her shirt and holds her hand there.

Who convinced you that you're anything but perfect?

"Jett!" Zoey calls as he walks into the room.

His silver eyes dilate as he sees her stand and run to him, throwing her arms around his waist.

Lucky bastard can't help but smile.

He lifts her and sits next to us with her on his lap.

"I like you guys a lot." Zoey mumbles to herself more than us.

"How about we each take you on a date while you're staying with us. One on one." I suggest.

Her smile stretches to her ears, making her dimples show up and her pretty blue eyes sparkle.

"Who first?" She doesn't hesitate to ask.

"I'm always first, love." Nik smirks.

She hops off Jett and sits on Nik's lap, leaving him stunned.

"You want to do something now, love?" He kisses her cheek.

Her teeth find her lip as her cheeks turn pink.

"No, we should all hang out today. We can tomorrow!" She smiles at Jett and I.

We continue watching cartoons with her for about an hour. Her cute pink lips turn up at funny parts in the show, making my stomach full of anxiety settle, knowing she's happy.

Her hand grasps her stomach as it quietly growls, begging to be fed.

"Why haven't you told us that you were hungry?" Nik huffs, trying to not be angry with her not taking care of herself.

She glances at the floor with her fingers rubbing against her arm, right where a pink scar should be but isn't because she was healed.

"Doll." I grab her attention.

Her gaze shifts to me with a small sorrowful frown behind them. Nik rubs the small of her back with the tips of his fingers, trying to encourage her words.

"I just- I didn't want to be a burden and just ransack your kitchen. I was trying to wait."

Eat everything in there for all I care.