Chapter 2:

I rushed into the work room and hugged Lucy the second I saw her.

I pulled away from the hug. "Lucy! I didn't know you and Aspen were together!"

 I thought I knew everything about Aspen there was to know. I guess I was just too tied up in the excitement of winning the Selection and marrying Maxon to really pay attention.

"Should I have told you?" she asked with a hint of fear in her voice.

"No, no, I was just surprised. I'm so happy for you!"

"Thank you, Your Highness. Now, should I go with the lace on the bottom of the dress or on the top?"

"Definitely the top," I said. "And call me America."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
It must have been at least another hour before we were done. Now I realized how hard dress making was. I couldn't imagine doing it almost every day like the maids.

"Well, thank you for letting me help you with your dress. I know you'll look gorgeous in it!"

"Not as gorgeous as you, America."

"Thanks, Lucy. Can I tell you something?" I would tell my close friends, but not the media just yet.

" Anything, America." she replied.

"I'm- I'm pregnant!" I said.

A smile spread across her face. "Oh that's such great news!! You must be so happy!!"

"I am. And Maxon is ecstatic! I can't believe I'm going to be a mom!"

"You'll be a great mom. I want to have kids someday too."

"I'm sure you will. I really hate to leave, but I have to go congratulate Aspen. Bye Lucy!"

And I was off. I walked through the halls to Aspen's room, where there were a bunch of guards congratulating him during their breaks.

"Aspen!" I walked towards him and gave him a hug. "I'm so happy for you!"

"Thanks, Mer. I thought you would be a little surprised."

"Oh I was. I helped Lucy with her dress so I got all the details."

"All the details?" he questioned, with a skeptical look on his face.

I smiled. "Not all of them. Just the important ones."

" Okay. How have you been?" he asked. I'd tell him.

I took a deep breath and let it out. "Maxon and I are going to have a baby." I whispered, smiling.

"Really?" He asked. I though I saw a little pain on his face, but if I did, it went away instantly.

"Yes! I'm really excited!"

"Have you told Maxon??" he asked.

"Of course, silly. Why would I keep his child a secret from him?"

"You are a little crazy."

 I gave him a playful punch in the arm and smiled. We chatted some more, and then he left. I was so happy for him. Aspen was the perfect match for Lucy. Lucy needed someone to take care of her, and Aspen needed someone to take care of.