34.

vote & comment!

Omniscent POV.

Mariah's Apartment
Manhattan, New York

Kay unlocked the door with the code, letting them both in, going straight to the back to put down their shopping bags

Kay unlocked the door with the code, letting them both in, going straight to the back to put down their shopping bags. A part of him wanted to stay in the back while they talked but the other part of him wanted to be nosey.

He decided on going back out there, just in the kitchen. As he walked into the kitchen, he bumped into Mariah who was walking out with three slices of pizza on her plate.

"Really?" He mugged her.

"What?" She asked trying to get pass him.

"You shouldn't be eating allat grease, it's not good for my son." He sucked his teeth, moving out her way going further into the kitchen.

"Kay, the baby is the siz-" Mariah started but she was cut off by Anne.

"Baby? You're pregnant Mariah?" She looked over to Mariah who was walking into the living room.

"Yeah." Mariah shrugged nonchalantly taking a seat across from her.

"Congratulations."

"Thank you, what do you wanna talk about?"

Mariah wanted nothing but to have this woman out of her home, she was starting to regret agreeing with her proposition to talk.

"You aren't going to offer your grandmother something to drink?" Anne inquired.

Rolling her eyes taking a bite out of her pizza, "Get to it please, my patience is running thin."

"Your father died, I used up all of my retirement money to pay for the funeral and everything. I have nothing and the house is going to foreclose on me if I don't pay the mortgage soon. I know our relationship is rocky which is way I was hesitant to ask but do you mind helping me out?"

Anne had tears rolling down her eyes, thinking of Mason; her baby boy was gone, and now she had nothing. She was desperate at this point.

Mariah sat staring at her, not moved by her dramatics.