blast to the past.

7 years earlier, August 2015Bronx, NY

7 years earlier,
August 2015
Bronx, NY

"Girl yes, I already submitted my deposit for room and board a long time ago! I'm outta here." Mariah gushes on the phone to her best friend, Desire. She had gotten accepted into Clark Atlanta after graduating back in June. The school was her dream school so she was so excited that it was almost time to go.

"You sound very anxious girl, what about Kay?" Desire questioned,

Mariah's smile dropped thinking about her boyfriend, Kay. They had been dating for a couple months now but beforehand they were the best of friends from back in middle school.

She was sad that she had to leave him but this was her dream. Although they were both madly in love with each other, that didn't stop the countless arguments. He didn't agree with her choice which also meant that he didn't care that this was her dream. In his mind, they were supposed to be forever.

"I don't know, we haven't been speaking as much when I try speak to him he just gives me dry answers."

"I just don't get why he acting like that sis, it's not making sense."

"I don't know why either, but like I said I'm not letting him or his nonsense stop me from achieving my goals. If he really cared about like he say he do, he would understand that." She finished packing one of her many suitcases, her move in date is a couple of days away. "I understand, I can't wait to see you though! We gonna have a blast."

Desire lives in Atlanta, but she wasn't going to Clark Atlanta like Mariah. She did live a few minutes away, so the two already made plans once Mariah touched down and get settled in her dorm. "I can't wait either! I got all my- hold up girl Kay calling."

She answered his facetime mugging the camera, "I ain't hear from you all day yesterday and you decide to call now?"

"I was busy," He replies rolling a spliff.

"Busy enough to not send a simple text? What the fuck is really going on with you?" Mariah exclaims angrily. "Listen, I ain't call to argue with you. I just wanna know what day you leaving!"

"August 28th, why?"

"I'm not gonna be able to make it to yo sendoff, money calls" He shrugged smoking his spliff. She looked at him with wide eyes, "What do you mean? Seriously Kay, I honestly cannot deal with this shit anymore! It's not fair!"

"Nobody told your ass to leave me, fuck outta here. Matter fact we done I don't know what your ass bouta go out there and do." He stated blowing smoke in the camera as tears came to her eyes. Instead of replying, she just hung up on him then proceeded to blocking him on everything. She just didn't understand why he couldn't find it in himself to trust her, mostly believe in her.

She felt that if it were the other way around, Mariah would definitely support him. For the amount of time they've been in each others lives.. How could he accuse her of possibly cheating on him?

Mariah wiped her tears that continuously fell sighing to herself, "I guess it's time for a new beginning." She murmured.

Who would've thought her first love, would be her first heartbreak.

so, I definitely had to start with a lil preview of the past. next chapter will be present time which is this year 2022!

let me know how y'all feelin' <3