Chapter Seventeen

Start from the beginning

"Auntie, do you think the coaches blame me for losing their star player? What if they believe Thea's injury is my fault like she says it is?"

"OK. You're talking about grown-ass women, Simone. The idea that you sabotaged and injured Thea is ludicrous, no matter what insanity Thea's grief has her running around campus, saying and you know Sevyn got your back." Amara finished just as Nate and Keisha walked in.

"OK!"

"Yass! It's giving President Dr. Queen Patterson." Nate said as she walked in with a plant.

"She has money. My God."

Nate handed Amara the plant before saying, "OK! Peace lilies. Allegedly, they bring good luck and good fortune, which we thought was apropos."

"Thank you," Amara said as she placed them on her desk.

While holding the nameplate, "And we're so proud of you. Plus..." Keisha as she picked up the mug for her.

"Thank you all." She said before pulling Nate and Keisha into a hug.

"Love you."

"So proud of you."

"Love you, too. Enough of that before you all make me cry."

"OK."

Amara cleared her throat, "Um, tell me about L.A. How was the Christmas trip?" Amara asked causing Keisha, Simone, and Sevyn to hesitate and come up with a lie.

"It was fine." Keisha started.

"Uhh... it was fine," Simone says.

"Yeah. It was fine..." Sevyn added.

"I thought it was fine," Simone said causing Keisha and Sevyn to agree with her.

"Uhhhh, try again," Amara said not believing the three not one-bit.

"The "Cliffs Notes" version? Cam ghosted Keisha, and Jordan 'tis a hо and Darnell tryna fight for his girl back while practically engaged." Nate said giving Amara the run down causing her to look at them in shock.

"OK, "ghosted" is kind of a strong way of saying..." Keisha started.

"One he's not engaged and two I am over him..." Sevyn shrugged.

"Jordan is not hoeing around exactly..." Simone as the three of them explained at the same time.

"OK. Whatever. Look, whether or not Jordan is moving a little fast with Layla or anyone else is not my business anymore. I'm fine." Simone told them causing them all to look at her.

"OK. I'll just prove it to you all." Simone said before pulling out her phone and texting.

"What are you doing?" Keisha asked her.

"I'm inviting Spencer and Jordan to family brunch. They're in town for their bowl game, and they invited us to their Christmas Eve Eve party, so why not return the favor?" She said while she typed on my phone.

"And send. Let's go to practice Sev." Simone said before leaving causing them to be shocked, Sevyn followed Simone in silence.

" Simone said before leaving causing them to be shocked, Sevyn followed Simone in silence