Part 87 (No Regrets)

Blake's P.O.V.

Gaia has been distant this whole day. She even asked her mom to go to the sonogram with her. Why did I open my big mouth? When they came back I asked her how it went but she didn't answer. I asked her mom and she said that everything looked great but they couldn't see what it was.

"Hey, can I talk to you?" I ask Gaia.

"What?"

"Are you gonna treat me like this now?"

"Like what?"

"Ignoring me."

"Doesn't feel good does it?"

"Gaia, it happened years ago. Please I'm sorry."

"Look, I know, okay? It's just... it's hard."

"It wasn't a problem before. Why is it now?"

"I don't know. I mean, to be honest, right now... I don't know why I took you back."

"Well that felt like a punch to the heart... Then why did you?"

"I don't know... We slept together because we were both grieving, but.. I don't know." She exhales deeply. "Next thing I know we have two kids and another on the way."

"You're making it sound like you regret everything."

"I don't. I'll never regret having my kids."

"So just me then..." She didn't look like she was gonna say anything. But if she was, I left before she did.

___________O____________

Gaia's P.O.V.

Blake left the room pretty hurt and angry, but all I did was to be honest with him. I am hurt, and I am questioning why I took him back. But it doesn't mean I don't love him. He is the love of my life and luckily the father of my kids too, which makes the situation even worse. I never would've imagined he would be the one to rip my heart out.

"Gaia, honey?"

"Yes? Hey mom."

"You okay?"

"Yeah." I force a smile.

"Dinner's ready."

"Okay, I'll be right down."

I try to forget about the whole thing for now so the kids don't see me like this.

"Hi mommy." Asher says as soon as I walk in.

"Hi baby."

"Is the baby still in your tummy?"

"Yes, it is. It's gonna be there for a while."

"Is it a boy? I want it to be a boy."

"You do? Why?" I smile.

"Because I already have a baby sister, now I want a baby brother."

"Well, we'll see honey."

"What are you hoping for, Blake?" My father asks him.

"Oh, I just want it to be healthy. Gaia, too... I just want them both to be okay."

"We all do." Mom says.

"Okay, guys. Stop saying it like it's gonna happen tomorrow." As we talked we hear Penelope starts to cry through the baby monitor. And since I was done eating I go check on her...

____________O____________

Blake's P.O.V.