Part 4 - Friends, Freedom, and Other Things I've Fought For

Coral: Thank you for staying with me and for bringing me back to Pearl's, Cap'n.

Captain: Of course, Coral. Are you sure you'll be alright?

Cakepop: Bweee-ooo? (They approach Pearl's mansion. Coral still has the blanket over her shoulders. Cakepop scoots along with them.)

Coral: Yes sir, I'll be fine! Thanks! (She smiles.)

Coral: I hope everyone isn't asleep, or I'm going to have to sneak in somehow without help!

Captain: I'm sure at least one person is awake. (They come up to the door.)

Sound effect: Creak...

Coral: Huh? (She reaches for the doorknob, but the door is cracked open.)

Coral: That's weird... the door was left unlocked and open. Why would Pearl do that?

Captain: It's probably nothing. She may have just forgotten to lock it.

Cakepop: Bwoo? (Coral is confused.)

Coral: Hello? Is anyone home? (They all walk inside cautiously.)

Rosie: Coral? Whaddya doing with the Cap'n and Cakepop?

Emerald: And where's Brooke and Pearl?

Coral: Oh! (The two come up to Coral, surprising her. From here on to the end of the book, Rosie wears the one charm from Echo's broken charm necklace around her neck.)

Coral: I-I'm sorry, I'm a little confused. Why are you two still awake? And what do you mean, "Where's Brooke and Pearl?" Aren't they here? (She leans down to speak to them.)

Emerald: After you left earlier, Brooke also left. And we haven't seen Pearl since the sun was going down!

Rosie: Uh-huh! (They speak.)

Coral: Wait, they've been gone all this time? Where are they? (She looks a little nervous.)

Rosie: Dunno! They left without tellin'! And Brooke took her gun! (She shrugs.)

Coral: Oh, no. (She looks startled.)

Coral: No, no, no, no... (She sprints down a hall.)

Coral: Brooke? (She swings the door open to Brooke's room, which is empty.)

(She stares for a moment with a frightened expression.)

Sound effect: boooop... boooop... boooop...

Coral: Come on, Brooke, pick up- pick up- pick up... (She nervously starts to pace as she calls Brooke on the phone.)

Captain: Did she answer?

Coral: No, I got nothing! *gasp* I don't know what's wrong, she always has her phone on her! *gasp* She always answers! Why didn't she pick up? *gasp* *huff* Something has to be wrong! What if she- *gasp* *gasp* (The Captain approaches with Rosie, Emerald, and Cakepop. Coral is starting to panic.)

Captain: Coral, just breathe for a second.

Coral: I- I- I- I can't! *gasp* *huff* *gasp* (She's freaking out, starting to get shaky.)

Captain: Everything will be fine, Coral. We're going to find Brooke. She might've just left her phone somewhere. Now, take deep breaths, slowly.

Coral: Deep breaths, right. Deep breaths. (Coral puts a hand to her head as she sits down.)

Coral: Whew~w... (She sighs.)

(She pauses)

Coral: Okay, I- I'm fine. For now. What do you think I should do? (She looks back up, still upset, but much calmer and no longer almost hyperventilating.)