Chapter Eight: Fouth Of July Carnival

I finally agreed to perform on the Fourth of July for the annual Omaha carnival. Johnson was backing me up and I was singing the song "Destiny" we wrote together.

"Alright, alright, settle down everyone! Our first act left us for Hollywood but she is back in her hometown for the summer and with a brand new single co-written by our own Jack Johnson! Here with her new single "Destiny" Miss Audrey Grace!" I took a deep breathe and walked on stage. "Hi everyone. I know lately you all seen me in the news and well not for good reasoning. But I'm so happy to be back in Omaha, doing what I love to do and I just wanna thank Jack and his family for taking me in this summer and showing me a close stranger can be your destiny. Nathan, this is for you." I heard some gasps as I smiled looking up. I took a deep breath as the music began.

"...destiny is everything you're made of
Hiding behind what you're most afraid of."

I sung the song slowly gaining my performing confidence back. The crowd clapped along watching.

"...my destiny is found!"

I finished up the song as everyone jumped on there feet cheering. I smiled as I looked back and saw Johnson mouth the words "proud of you" I mouthed back a thank you and blew him a kiss.

Later that night

"Stitches" by Shawn Mendes was blasting as I walked around with Jack, Sammy, and Gilinsky. I was holding Jack's hand singing along quietly. "So Audrey you gonna be here in August for "Last Splash" or?" Gilinsky asked. "Well my tour starts August eighth so it'd be cutting it close, but who knows." I half smiled. "You have to write a song like you did tonight. I missed your old music." I smiled. "Thanks. Me too." I smiled walking away with Jack.

"Slow down!" I giggled following him. "It's about to start!" Jack said rushing to the spot. "What is?!" I laughed. "That." He smiled pointing at the beautiful fireworks that were shooting across the sky. "Wow." I smiled. "You're prettier." I smiles locking his hand into mine.

Later That Night

I was at a party with Jack who seemed to go missing once he started drinking. I walked over to Sammy who was pouring a drink. "Hey have you seen Jack?" I shouted through the loud music. "Johnson? Yeah he's upstairs!" That was random. I walked upstairs looking for him. I opened a door as my eyes widened in horror when I saw Jack on top of another girl kissing her.