Chapter Five: Omaha Lane

I was listening to music and sighed folding some t-shirts and shoving them in a bag. I heard a knock and looked up to see my dad. "Hey, kiddo." "Don't "hey kiddo" me." I rolled my eyes. "She only wants what's best for you." "WHAT ABOUT ME?! HOW IN THE HELL IS SENDING ME BACK TO WHERE THE LOVE OF MY LIFE WHO IS NOW DEAD'S HOMETOWN HELPING?!" "You're from Omaha too." "Sadly." I mumbled.

The Next Day

I had my eyes closed with my headphones in when I heard the pilot announce that we landed. "Great." I sighed. I grabbed my bags and after getting off I called my mom. "I'm alive." I scuffed. "Good, Jack Johnson will be picking you up. You'll be staying with him." "Greeeat." I said sarcastically. "Drop the attitude or I'm dropping your tour." 'That's not fair!" "Life's not fair, now good luck and I love you." "Love you, too." I hung up. "I see you're still an over packer." I turned to see Johnson laughing. "Hi to you too." I rolled my eyes. "Welcome home." He smiled. "Yeah, my home is in LA." I walked out.

I folded my clothes and hung them up. "Hey, Audrey, dinner is ready." I turned to see Johnson at the door. "I'm not hungry." I sighed sitting on the bed. "Your mom said you still loved baked mac n cheese." "Baked mac n cheese?" It brought a real smile to my face. I haven't had any since probably mine and Skate's last date before well. "Um okay, give me a minute?" "Yeah sure." He smiled walking out.

"I'm so happy you're home." Jack's mom said. "Thanks for letting me stay here, I don't know anyone who would let a spoiled pop star stay with them." I sighed taking a bite. "Sweetie, you're family. And after everything you've been through, well maybe a break would be good." I sighed looking down.

"I'm so glad I met you."

"Oh are you now?!" I giggled kissing him.

I smiled watching the DVD on my laptop of me and Skate on our six month anniversary. I touched the screen as a tear fell. "I miss you." I sighed closing it. I covered myself up and put my headphones in.

"I miss you, why did you have to go?" I sighed looking down as I talked to Skate. "I'm so sorry princess, but I promise I'll always be there watching over you." "Can I have one last kiss?" He nodded and I leaned in but before our lips touched he disappeared. "Nate? Nathan?" "NATE!"

"Audrey, Audrey." I woke up to Johnson shaking me. "Nate.." I sighed sitting up. "It was a dream." He said pulling me into a hug. "I miss him." I cried. "Shh, I know you do. I know you do."

Close As Strangers (A Jack Johnson Love Story)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara