Chapter Two: The Accident

Present Day

"Babe you ready?" I heard Skate call. "Almost!" I said spraying extra hairspray in my hair. We were heading to the Kids Choice Awards preparty. "Babe, we're gonna be late!" "I'm coming!" I said walking down the stairs. I was wearing a black skirt and a white buttoned up blouse. I had flip flops on and my hair was curly. "You look beautiful." Skate kissed me softly. He truly did make me feel like a princess. "Thank you." I smiled taking his hand. We decided to drive ourselves because we wanted to give our driver a night off. He started the car and held my hand as he drove. "I hate the rain so much." He said turning the corner. "Speaking of, be careful don't speed." I'm not gonna act like we're perfect because well every relationship had its problems and mine and Skate's was he liked driving fast and it scared me. "Babe, you tell me this every time." "Because every time you speed!" I pleaded. He sighed slowing down a little at the stop sign. "I'm sorry, I just don't know what'd I do if I lost you." I looked down then he pulled my face top his. "I'm okay baby, I promise." My eyes widened in horror when I saw a big semi truck. "WATCH OUT!"

Beep. Beep. Beep. The rhythmic pattern was all I heard when I woke up to my mom laying on my bed crying. "Oh thank God, oh my!" She cried as my dad and brother ran in. "Mommy." I said weakly. "Where's Nate?" She took my hand and held onto it. "I'm so sorry, baby." She hugged me crying. "No!" I cried. "NO!" I screamed. "LET ME SEE NATE! LET ME SEE HIM!" She held onto me as I cried. "Nate." I cried. I felt like my heart broke in half. My best friend, boyfriend, soul mate. Gone. I felt like this was all a bad dream I was having but it wasn't. As much as I wanted it to be, it wasn't.

Three Days Later

I watched the rain slowly let up through my window. I was wearing Nate's hoodie and and sweats and I was still crying. Everything still felt like a blur. I heard a knock and saw my brother walk in. "Hey." "Josh, please." I said sighing. "The funeral is in an hour." "Okay." I said looking down. "Jack and Jack are coming and so is Sammy." "Great." I nodded. He walked over and hugged me as I fell into his arms crying. "It's my fault. I made him stop." "Shh. No, Audrey it's not, that semi truck driver was drunk." "But if I didn't make him stop." I lost it. I bawled my eyes out.

"Today we are gathered here, not to mourn a loss, but to celebrate a young life who was taken from us far too soon." I blurred out the speaker and just stood there. Funerals were never my thing but they especially sucked when it was someone I was close too. "Audrey." I finally came back to it when I heard my best friend, Bianca saying my name over and over. "Ready to go?" "Huh?" "Are you ready to go?" I finally came back into reality. "Yeah, sure." I nodded walking with her. 

Later That Night

"It's been a long day without you my friend
and I'll tell you all about it, when I see you again."

I played the song over and over as I watched the slideshow that they played at the funeral on my laptop. I looked outside and saw that it had stopped raining so I opened the window a little to let some air in. I saw some reporter vans sitting on the road near my house because they had no respect. "Vultures." I scuffed closing the window and grabbed my remote and turned on the TV. "-friends, family and fans of the up and coming rapper gathered around Omaha Cemetery to mourn the loss of the rapper-" I turned the TV off and slid my cover of me and went to sleep.