Chapter Four: An LA Detox

I woke up slowly to my mom siting in the chair at the hospital. "Mom?" I looked at her as she rose up. "You're awake.." She trailed off. "Yeah..."

"Audrey can we get a statement?!" "Come on, Audrey!" I heard reporters shout as I rushed up to my house.

"...And this isn't the first time the pop star has acted out, just two months ago she made a performance debut at the "Teen Choice Awards" showing off her "bad girl side"." I scuffed watching the news. "My theory is, she's dealing with Nate's death. People cope with tragedies in many different ways, and maybe she's finally coming out about how she feels and-" I turned the TV off. "They're not wrong." I turned to see Josh. "Don't start." I rolled my eyes getting up. "I can't wait till you leave." He said. "WAIT WHAT?! LEAVE?!"

I stomped upstairs to my moms office. "You wanna tell me why bubble brain thinks I'm going to Omaha for the ENTIRE summer?!?!" I protested. "Because you are." She said getting up. "You're kidding!" "No, Audrey I'm not. It's time you get a detox from LA." "And sending me to the place where Nate was FROM is going to help?!" "YEAH IT MIGHT! You think Nate would want you acting like this?! Partying, hooking up with guys?! Being cruel to your fans!" "Stop." I said backing away. "Besides I can't go back to Omaha! I'm Audrey Grace!" "Exactly." She looked me in the eyes. "It's time you realize you can't drink your problems away. So go pack your plane leaves tomorrow at 9 am." My eyes widened. I cannot believe she's doing this to me.