- 𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐘 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑²

🏹 𝖼𝗅𝖺𝗇𝖽𝖾𝗌𝗍𝗂𝗇𝖾 ── 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟖𝟒

-ˋˏ Tuesday, 16th August 2021, 5.56pm ˎˊ˗

﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌

The sky had since bruised into black and purple, the sun sinking behind the houses across the street as the evenfall luminaries splattered across the darkening yonder like a confetti explosion, trickling in between the crevices of the blinds hung before the kitchen windows.

The room in which they later moved to, filled with the clashing noise of utensils, buzzing of the electrical mixer and ingredients toppling all over the countertop — the usual sounds of baking cookies imbuing the rather empty house.

"You sure you know what you're doing?" Jiyeon questions with doubt at the raise of her brow, resting her chin in the palm of her arm propped up against the island's tabletop, as her brunette tresses fell down by her shoulder.

"Trust me, I've done this plenty of times." Heeseung mumbled beneath his breath, loud enough to reach the Park girl on the other end of the island over the shrilling sound, as he continued to pour the dry ingredients into the stand mixer — a handful of flour splattering out of the bowl while he struggled to stop it.

"From the looks of it, seems like the last time you baked cookies was when you were seven, accompanied by your mom."

"I'm being totally serious, you know."

Jiyeon eyed his look of concentration upon his canvas, observing the way his doe orbs glistened underneath the gleam of the light and the pout against the flesh of his lips pushing out. At this, she pursed her own lips together in attempts to suppress her chuckles of endearment, her palm hiding away the bottom half of her face as an icy hot barrier glossed over her orbs.

A small stillness came about just then, and the pads of Heeseung's fingers ascent to rub against the back of his nape, his opposite tousling the raven hair atop his head. With his head tilted downwards, his irises veiled away from her sight as his own vision remained atop the white mess before him.

Jiyeon's lips curved up into a soft smile, releasing a lighthearted chuckle whilst glancing over to where he stood, a faint frown upon his visage.

"Being totally serious, huh?" Jiyeon finally voiced out, her smile and gaze never leaving from the boy beyond her as she straightened herself from her previous posture "Will you just give in and let me help you, Egghead?"

"Stay where you are, you still must be in pain. I can do this, I jus—" Heeseung's words became halted as he retracted the mixer back, attempting to pull against the mixing bowl — to which the dry ingredient mixture spattered across the countertop as well as on himself, covering his once raven hair into a layer of white and mass speckles splashed against his face.