day 26

~ heart beating faster ~

prompt: lightheaded/faint
character: steve harrington
warnings: cursing, violence, blood

The end of your hockey stick rams into the facial regions of a demogorgon. It begins to fall backward, giving you the chance to wack it again, a thump occurring as it falls to the ground. You turn around, hoping to find Steve or literally anyone else, and instead, the demogorgon gets you in the leg. It hits your leg, sending you onto your stomach, screaming, "Oh fuck!" Your hands clutch the hockey stick, winding it back and hitting the demogorgon again. It still persists, its arms reaching out for you, your hockey stick being the only thing stopping it.

You swing it wildly, kicking your good foot at whatever part of the creature was closest. "Someone help! I swear to god!" You scream again, this time purely to get someone's attention. Literally anyone that can take on a demogorgon. Its claws reach down, scraping your shirt and some of your stomach. Adrenaline seeps through you, almost masking the pain, giving you enough energy to hit it once more. A sound of gunshots go off, the demogorgon falling backwards. You look up to see Nancy and Steve, Steve rushing over to you.

"y/n! What happened?" He questions, setting his bat down to put a hand on your cheek. You breath heavily, your hand reaching up to lay on his, "Can you guess?" A dry chuckle escapes you after making such a joke, hoping to ease the mood. He shakes his head, looking at the scrapes along your stomach, "Nancy, we really have to get y/n to a hospital." You narrow your eyes at him, making sure to shake your head while doing so. "Don't talk about me like I'm not here. Now, Nancy, would you mind helping me get to a doctor?"

Steve rolls his eyes, looking between you and Nancy. While they look away from you for a moment, you look at your torn shirt, and then at your scratched body. It's turn like a lawnmower ran over you, blood seeping out into a mass pile around you. Suddenly, you start to breath heavily, the sight of the injury making you dizzy. You can barely talk as you attempt to look away (failing miserably). "Hey.. y/n, look at me, what's up?" Steve attempts to redirect your eyes, his hand slightly moving your cheek to turn to his body.

    However, you don't look away until Nancy covers it with a nearby jacket. Your breath is still quick, your heart beating faster. Black etches around your vision. The world closing in. Quicker. "y/n! It'll be okay!" Steve brings you too, your eyes slowly moving to meet his. "Don't ever let me see myself like this again," you say in between staggered breaths, your eyes closing for a few seconds. Steve shakes his head, resting his forehead on his knee for a second, "Fine, I will try my hardest. Now let's find you a doctor."

- definitely shorter than normal but i had no inspiration for this prompt :/