day 22

~ predator versus prey ~

prompt: bloody hands
character: barry allen
warnings: blood

     The STAR labs sits empty, besides you of course. After the crew got it back up and running, you work long nights. Mostly tinkering with machinery and cleaning the place up. It is entirely your choice, though. Being able to work with your hands, with no interruptions for hours on end, yeah that's bliss. So, while sitting on the floor and working on the main console, you're startled when something crashes in a room not too far from you. Instantly, you raise your head up, hitting it on the bottom of the console, "Ah that hurts."

Your hand raises to hold the back of your head, no bleeding, but a raised bump makes you concerned. You push yourself out from under the console, looking around, making sure no one was in the same room. "Cisco? Kaitlin? Dr. Wells?" You yell, not even realizing that bringing someone to your attention would not be a good idea. Especially if they have bad intentions with either the lab or anyone they find within. You tap the console, watching as it lights up again, reminding you of when Barry accidentally ran into it, breaking it. You start swiping along the console, bringing yourself to the cameras.

At first, you don't see anything, anyone really. However, something catches your eye, a yellow blur coming from one of the walls in the lab. You narrow your eyes, looking down at the camera, wondering what it could've been. Maybe a bug, a bird possibly? However, it wouldn't be that quick, nor would it have been able to find a way into the building. You take out your phone, tapping on Barry's phone number and sending him a text. It's short, a simple 'come to the lab'; however, you feel it'll get the message across.

Just as you're about to walk to one of the nearby rooms that can be locked, someone speaks. "y/n, you shouldn't be here," it's deep, vibrating slightly. Chills run along your body, your whole body tensing after hearing its voice. You turn around, looking at... something. It's vibrating, yellow, with red facial features. "How do you know my name?" Despite your every want to appear strong, your voice shows otherwise. It takes a step forward, coming right towards you. "I know you very well, I've seen you thousands of times, we've spoke," it sounds human in a way, hidden beneath the vibrations of the tone.

You take a step back, your hands touching the console, "What do you want from me?" It takes another step forward, only a mere couple of feet between the two of you. Its head tilts, looking at you like some kind of predator versus prey. "y/n, I fear you've seen too much," it admits, believing you to have seen something referring to the yellow blob. However, you never even saw anything, all you saw was, well a yellow blob. You narrow your eyebrows and shake your head, "I didn't see anything! I was working the whole time, the cameras weren't even working!"

It takes another step forward, reaching its hand out. Much like the rest of its body, its hand is shaking. It's impossible to see much of anything as it reaches towards you. Much to your dismay, it stabs something into your side. Your mouth widens, wanting to scream something out. However, as you stare ahead of you, you realize that no one will even hear you. This realization causes your face to drop, your hands reaching for your side. "Watch your back, y/n," the voice lets out, pulling the weapon from your side.

    Suddenly, more and more blood begins to pour from the wound, your hands attempting to add pressure. Your knees buckle, causing your whole body to fall to the ground. The blur disappears from your view. Although, at this point, all you wanted was a hospital. Luckily for you, you could hear an elevator opening. Barry instantly stands in front of you, "y/n?" Hearing your name come from his mouth rather than whatever that yellow blob was made the situation a hundred times better. "Barry, call an ambulance," you whisper, leaning your head back. Your hands raise slightly to show the blood seeping into your clothing.

    "I can get you to a hospital quicker," Barry comments, getting onto his knees and positioning himself to pick you up. "Barry, the thing knew my name," you say, your mouth open and eyes wide, "it said I saw too much." Barry instantly looks taken aback, almost forgetting about the situation at hand. His eyes widen as well, "It knew your name? What did you see? y/n, we have to get you somewhere safe." You shake your head, biting your lip and holding your hands against your side again.

    "Yes, the yellow blob thing said that it had seen me a thousand times, and spoke to me. I don't even know what it's referring to. I was working late here and I just turned on the cameras," you attempt to explain, feeling as though you have to reason why the thing stabbed you. Barry nods along as you speak, reaching out his arms and attempting to pick you up while you do so. "It was yellow?" Barry asks, his inquisitive nature taking over any conversation he has ever had. Honestly, as you look over at him, it makes the situation better. Answering his questions makes a situation better.

     You nod, taking one of your arms and wrapping it around his neck, "Yes, the vibrating looking this was yellow. It looked as though- oh my god, Barry, I have to get out of here." The adrenaline wears off to the point of no return. Your body collapses under the pain, leaving Barry to basically carry deadweight. As you look over at him again, trying to regulate your breathing in the moment, you can see the blood smeared along his shirt. Your blood, the blood that stains your hands. "Don't worry, y/n, you're going to be okay," Barry kisses your forehead, making sure to adjust you in his arms that you could be comfortable as he runs.