day 25

~ no hospitals ~

~ no hospitals ~

prompt: fire
character: spiderman (a.g.)
warnings: burns, fire, passing out

     Music blares through your headphones, some 2000s song playing through your phone. The metro skids to a stop, throwing people forward unexpectedly. You hold firm onto a handle, nearly falling as well. The lights quickly flicker off as people begin to question what is happening. "Let's all calm down! I'm sure it's nothing," you attempt to calm the crowd by shouting over their voices, "Someone will come over the comms and say everything is alright!" You had lived long enough in New York to know that things like this can happen, no matter how annoying.

    As soon as you say that, the speakers within the metro go off, a familiar voice crackling through, "Hello everyone! It's your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man! Please exit the metro and have a nice day." Normally he'll make a sarcastic comment, or joke about how he hates when this happens so he just prefers swinging. However, the speakers crackle off and suddenly, you're left wondering what your partner in crime is up to. The doors quickly open and everyone begins to exit, people have to walk towards the normal stop as the metro didn't stop in time. You walk in the opposite direction, taking your headphones and stuffing them in your pocket.

    Your hand lights up, flames lighting the way. In the distance, you can see something happening, like two people are fighting. Your walk quickly turns into a sprint as you figure that Spider-Man is fighting some kind of criminal. "Are you seriously celebrating Halloween in September, or am I not one to talk?" Spidey's familiar voice echoes through the underground tunnel. Suddenly, the spider-ling jumps up, grabbing onto the top of the tunnel. A lizard-like creature follows suit, climbing up with a weird intensity.

    "What are you two up to?" You question, turning the lizard's attention to yourself, "Surely you wouldn't have started the tea party without me." It looks back to Spider-Man, clearly preferring to take him down rather than yourself. Your other hand lights up as well letting you throw two balls of fire in the amphibian's direction. "Look at me when I'm speaking to you!" You throw another one, singeing its tail. Its head whips around, looking towards you. It lunges from the ceiling, prepared to attack you. Luckily for you, Spider-Man uses his webs to keep the lizard connected to the ceiling of the metro.

You then throw another fireball at the being, hitting one of its legs. "You're so lucky I'm here," you say, tossing a fireball in your hand. Spider-Man lowers to you, dropping to the ground when he's only a couple feet off the ground. "What are you doing here?" He questions, an upset face likely hiding behind his mask. You sigh and extinguish the fire, crossing your arms and looking at him. "I was in the subway that you happened to stop. Besides, it's clear that lizard man was doing a number on you," you look down at his suit, some scratches littered about.

    "I was fine- I am fine. y/n, you really should leave," Spider-Man tells her before his head suddenly turns around, the lizard man pulling the webs from the top of the metro. He uses his webs once more to stop the monster, reconnecting it. "No, you can't protect me all the time just because you feel like I need it," you object, knowing that your partner feels as though he's doing what's best for you. Spider-Man barely has to turn around again to realize that the lizard was going to escape soon.

    In retaliation, you hold up your hand, regenerating a fireball and throwing it at the lizard. It connects with the webs, sending them on fire. Typically your fires go out pretty quickly, but it starts to spread. Between the questionable liquids on the floor and the flammable webs, it starts like a wildfire. "Spidey! Get back!" You shout, knowing that you're flame-resistant but he certainly isn't. You've learned that the hard way... The lizard, slightly singed, gets off of the subway. "Spider-Man," its voice is deep and raspy, almost unintelligible, but it's clear he's holding a grudge.

Spider-Man shoots a way at the lizard, trying to stay back from the fire. It climbs towards the hero, ignoring some of the webbing that he was using. It grabs Spider-Man, causing you to yell at it again, throwing a fireball at its back. "You dumb lizard, let go of him!" You shout, standing amongst the fire as it grew. It turns around and drops him into the fire, causing Spider-Man to pull himself up. "Oh my gosh, Peter," you quickly let his real name slip, genuine worry overtaking you. The lizard jumps onto the walking of the tunnel, attempting to get close enough to attack you.

    As the fire builds, you stand in the middle, Peter pulling himself out. "Stay around from him, from us!" You shout, your arms engulfing in flames, "I'm not afraid to try barbecued lizard!" It stays back, clearly wanting to get back to Peter, but the fire keeps it away. You walk back towards Peter, keeping your eyes focused on the beast. "Firefighters, police, the whole world will be here soon, you better get out of here!" You shout at the lizard, watching as it scurries off further down the subway.

    "Peter, are you okay?" You quickly turn your attention to your partner, parts of his outfit burned and ripped. He pulls his mask off and breaths heavily, "This hurts like hell, you know that right?" You lower your head into your hands, the fire having extinguished after you turned back to look at Peter. "Actually I don't, but just to humor you, I'll say I absolutely do," you say, taking one of your hands and resting it on his cheek, "Now we should get out here before anything worse happens. We have to get you to a hospital."

    He shakes his head, his eyes closing and open sporadically. "No, I'm wearing my suit and they can't know I was here. It'd be too suspicious," Peter tries to reason, the pain obviously taking over. "Peter, don't you dare try to argue with me about this," you bite your lip and wonder how you're going to drag him out of here. He shakes his head once more, eye completely closed, "Please y/n, they'll suspect things." You watch as he quickly passes out, the burns and scrapes obviously mixing into a concoction of pain.

    Your head spins on how you're going to get out of there, leaving you to sit there for a moment, watching as your partner unconsciously sleeps in agony. When suddenly it hits you, you're going to have to use his web shooters.